Ibrahimovic

Id love him, he is a quality player and it does my head in how often people say he is overrated.

Sgoater said:
Id love him, he is a quality player and it does my head in how often people say he is overrated.

Majority of those people don't watch him at all, the only time they watch him is when Inter knocked out of the champions league and they rate him based on that single game.

I've heard it thousands of times and when you ask them but he is soo consistance and keeps getting better and better every year even in the group stage in the champions league he always make the difference they just go back to that one or two games in the knock out stage and they rate him based on that game.

They ignore the fact that its not he's problem really but rather the team's problem for not having a creative playmaker to back him up. Look for example at Robinho with madrid when zidane was playing there, those two were magical in madrid. They connected well with each other and helped each other all the time but when zidane left Robinho and the whole team looked less effective, not that Robinho is not good (he's definately a class) but he had the job to create "alone" and score at the same time and it wasn't as easy as it used to be with zidane behind him.

Personaly i rate the player based on he's whole season rather than a single game or two. Because if you rate a player based on some games i wouldn't rate for example someone like cristiano ronaldo high specially after watching the last euros and he's awfull perforamnce there.....

interisti said:
Sgoater said:

Majority of those people don't watch him at all, the only time they watch him is when Inter knocked out of the champions league and they rate him based on that single game.

I've heard it thousands of times and when you ask them but he is soo consistance and keeps getting better and better every year even in the group stage in the champions league he always make the difference they just go back to that one or two games in the knock out stage and they rate him based on that game.

They ignore the fact that its not he's problem really but rather the team's problem for not having a creative playmaker to back him up. Look for example at Robinho with madrid when zidane was playing there, those two were magical in madrid. They connected well with each other and helped each other all the time but when zidane left Robinho and the whole team looked less effective, not that Robinho is not good (he's definately a class) but he had the job to create "alone" and score at the same time and it wasn't as easy as it used to be with zidane behind him.

Personaly i rate the player based on he's whole season rather than a single game or two. Because if you rate a player based on some games i wouldn't rate for example someone like cristiano ronaldo high specially after watching the last euros and he's awfull perforamnce there.....

I agree with you mate. But that said, there is no doubt his poor performances in the CL do not help him. When it comes to the big games like Liverpool last season and Rags this season he has failed to deliver (there has been other big games too) - If I recall correctly he did not score in the group stages this season too. Amazing talant but the fact is he needs to start producing in the latter stages of the CL, thats when world class players stand out...Also, I don't buy all this talk that Seria A is crap too. Its a great league but at the moment not as strong as the prem & La Liga... Lets not forget though, Italian teams dominated Europes for nearly 20 years not so long ago. It wil come good again.

vincent said:
interisti said:
Sgoater said:

I agree with you mate. But that said, there is no doubt his poor performances in the CL do not help him. When it comes to the big games like Liverpool last season and Rags this season he has failed to deliver (there has been other big games too) - If I recall correctly he did not score in the group stages this season too. Amazing talant but the fact is he needs to start producing in the latter stages of the CL, thats when world class players stand out...Also, I don't buy all this talk that Seria A is crap too. Its a great league but at the moment not as strong as the prem & La Liga... Lets not forget though, Italian teams dominated Europes for nearly 20 years not so long ago. It wil come good again.

He scored a goal and had 3 decisive assists in the group stage this season. But the thing that people (who don't follow him much) don't understand is that its really not he's problem that the team doesn't perform well in europe. Inter were always underachievers in europe (its not new) since the days that we had Ronaldo and the other players with him we still couldn't do well in the champions league but no one for example said that Ronaldo is overrated or not good enough, right!!

Again mate am not an Ibra fan and i don't really care if people rate him or not but i find it amazing that some people think that he's overrated or not good based on some games that they've seen for him when the whole team choked or couldn't perform.

interisti said:
Sgoater said:

Agreed.

Since playing for Juve and Inter (two seasons each) following his transfer from Ajax in August 2004, he has been one of the most prolific goalscorers in Europe.

The difference in the sharp variation in form between his domestic success and the poor Champions League performances is the defensive style adopted by teams like Liverpool, Manchester Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal that find it much easier to snub out his threat by man-marking him.

I've seen him play several matches in both the San Siro and the Delle Alpi and he was absolutely superb. Quick feet, great shot and virtually guaranteed 20 goals a season.

People who say he was shit against the rags, honestly did we watch the same game? One of the best players on the pitch IMO, especially at old trafford. He wasn't very good at Liverpool though but he was playing with an injury those games.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.