Ice Hockey | Player arrested for manslaughter following death of Adam Johnson (P18)

This bloke was convinced it was a freak accident. He said that you don't realise the speed that the players move at from any clips and any slight nudge can, and does send players out of control.

Apparently the player involved is in a very bad way mentally due to this.

Like I say, I really hope it was a freak accident.

Yes I’ve said the same throughout too.

I take my lad to the odd AHL game, but I’m not going to pretend I know anything about ice hockey. My mate though is obsessed. He played in his youth to semi-pro standard, his lad plays. He watches it every night when it’s in season and every couple of weeks drives the 2 hours to either Detroit, Columbus or Pittsburgh to watch an NHL game. He reckons it was a complete accident.
As somebody who has never paid the sport much attention I’ve gotta be honest and say I haven’t got a fucking clue, the police have some job on their hands (if no other evidence) to get a conviction.

Weird that this has happened.

I was chatting with a bloke today who was at the game. He's got a season ticket with the Sheffield Steelers and sounded like he knew his stuff regarding ice hockey.

He said it was a definite accident. The player was off balance due to a nudge from another player.

However, there must evidence for him to get arrested surely?

I really hope it's a freak accident as that's some grim shit if it was intended (his leg being up that high) to hurt or scare the opponent.
If you haven't watched it, go and do so, he meant the kick but not the outcome, unbalanced, my arse.

Not followed this at all and today is the first I’ve seen of it but my guess is there’s other evidence out there that shows intent. A silly WhatsApp after the event or something along those lines.
As I've alluded to, the only intent is to the act-ie the kick. There is no need to prove intent to cause harm.

If you haven't watched it, go and do so, he meant the kick but not the outcome, unbalanced, my arse.
I have mate and, like you, my initial thought was it looked dodgy as fuck. Like he was probably looking to intimidate and it went terribly wrong.

But my only experience of being on ice skates is holding onto the side hoardings at Altrincham Ice Rink around 30 years ago so I know nothing.

As somebody who has never paid the sport much attention I’ve gotta be honest and say I haven’t got a fucking clue, the police have some job on their hands (if no other evidence) to get a conviction.
Bizarrely I went to my first Ice Hockey game this season-Panthers v Steelers and noticed Adam Johnson because of his name. Its an incredibly quick and physical sport. The NHL is prob levels quicker than that.

Awful awful incident though.

As I've alluded to, the only intent is to the act-ie the kick. There is no need to prove intent to cause harm.
Cheers, seems like a tough one to judge. Even on here there’s a split between those who think it was an accident and those who believe that it was intentional.

You may believe the first kick was an accident, but couldn't tell if the second one made contact or which was the fatal one. If it was there second one you can see why he is being charged.

Cheers, seems like a tough one to judge. Even on here there’s a split between those who think it was an accident and those who believe that it was intentional.
Yeah, it will be 'interesting' to see what happens amid the tragedy.

You may believe the first kick was an accident, but couldn't tell if the second one made contact or which was the fatal one. If it was there second one you can see why he is being charged.
Unless I've missed it, nobody has been charged as yet. Poss news tomorrow or more likely an extension or bail.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.