Iconic City games attended

Always wanted to see city play at the millennium stadium. Think they pulled 6,000 crowd for that one
It was an hilarious day out. Our kid somehow got a Manchester city council minibus and we filled it with all the loons from the dry-out rehab place he'd spent some time at. We had flags, shirts, scarves hanging off it and one lad who hadn't been outside for a while couldn't resist shouting "get your tits out' at every woman we went past. Sounds shit but at the time was funny as, especially considering the MCC livery emblazoned across the vehicle.

We looked a bunch of cu**s which, ofc, was exactly what we were.

City 2 - 0 Everton - 11.15am Sunday KO
City 2 - 1 Everton - last goals at home all season, on Jan 1st - people started stopping coming from then on

A that sticks in the memory for me is the last home game of the 88/89 season against Bournemouth.

Needed a win to go up automatically and cruised into a 3-0 lead by half time. Final score was 3-3 after a penalty equaliser in the 99th minute (may be exaggerating here!).

Never in a match have I gone from such ecstasy to such agony - typical "typical City"

Even when we were 3-0 up against the rags a few months later I was praying that we could hold on for a draw!

It was an hilarious day out. Our kid somehow got a Manchester city council minibus and we filled it with all the loons from the dry-out rehab place he'd spent some time at. We had flags, shirts, scarves hanging off it and one lad who hadn't been outside for a while couldn't resist shouting "get your tits out' at every woman we went past. Sounds shit but at the time was funny as, especially considering the MCC livery emblazoned across the vehicle.

We looked a bunch of cu**s which, ofc, was exactly what we were.
A possible film to rival 'One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest'.

Boxing Day 1988, around 12,000 city fans in fancy dress at Stoke. Drink was taken so not sure of the score but great atmosphere
May 1989, Trevor Morley 86th minute ish? Equalised at Bradford although I don't think it mattered in the end as palace were a goal short. A few months later beating " them" 5-1.

Ballet on ice 67/68 season , beat spuds 4-1 on a pitch which was a blanket of snow , i fell on my arse just walking home , how the players put on a performance like that , i will never know

Boxing Day 1988, around 12,000 city fans in fancy dress at Stoke. Drink was taken so not sure of the score but great atmosphere
May 1989, Trevor Morley 86th minute ish? Equalised at Bradford although I don't think it mattered in the end as palace were a goal short. A few months later beating " them" 5-1.
We lost 3-1
I was sat next to a six foot shark and a vicar, not in a tutu

City 2 Stoke 1 Gareth Taylor
Villa 1 City 5 David White
Hudd Town 1 City 1 late Giddy equaliser in FA Cup two months after the 10-1...nearly typical city
City 4 Leeds 0 when Leeds were battling ughnited for the title...hooray! Boo! Hooray!
WBA 1 City 0 mid-bananas when no-one watched the second half
Stoke 3 City 1 12500 fancy dress blues

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.