Iconic City games attended

18/1/1975 Newcastle at home we won 5-1; Tueart (3), Hammond (1), Bell (1). Sat in the North Stand behind Helen. I was only 9 and so began the best, worst, happy, depressing, maddening & often euphoric journey that I don't ever want to stop!

City 2 Stoke 1 Gareth Taylor

Yes. For me the (other) game that completely changed the club's trajectory. Yes obviously the Gillingham game was massive. But without this win over Xmas I don't think there was any way we'd have made the playoffs.

1 nil down at half time against top of the table Stoke, it was like the 30k there that night collectively just said 'we've had enough of this division'...but instead of negativity we backed the team to the hilt.

The atmosphere in that 2nd half was unbelievable - possibly the best ever I've experienced at home. The fans genuinely turned that game and willed the team to win with non stop backing. I couldn't speak for 24 hours after.
Dickov equalises early on, then big Gareth heads the winner in with a couple of minutes to go. Tension, belief, bedlam, relief...and a light at the end of the tunnel for the first time in 2 years.

Blackpool (h) 3-1 we'd show everyone that we wouldn't stop attending, first game at home in the 3rd tier, 31,000+ sell out - Gary Mason looked decent!

Will always remember this game so proud to be a Blue...

City 2 Stoke 1 Gareth Taylor
Villa 1 City 5 David White
Hudd Town 1 City 1 late Giddy equaliser in FA Cup two months after the 10-1...nearly typical city
City 4 Leeds 0 when Leeds were battling ughnited for the title...hooray! Boo! Hooray!
WBA 1 City 0 mid-bananas when no-one watched the second half
Stoke 3 City 1 12500 fancy dress blues
Stoke game is a good shout, pivotal win

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.