Iconic moments at The Etihad

Most of the actual iconic moments have been mentioned ..

But what about Wanchope v newcastle , late headed goal that ensured we stayed up. Atmosphere was bouncing that day and will always stick in my memory
It always felt like a relegation saver that one although we ended up 8 points clear of the bottom 3 so it wasn't actually a season saver. The goal was on 59 mins too although I always thought it was much later too.

Last edited:
Robinho's debut goal, we lost in the end but it signaled that change was coming.

Kiki Musampa's last minute winner v Liverpool

The 3-2 win v Bayern

Hitting the woodwork 5 times v Bolton and then lose to a last minute penalty.

Both Aguero's goals v Liverpool from tight angles.

6-0 v Spurs, Negredo's goal and Navas scoring not once but twice.

Balotelli's scoring with his chest

A random one but Andy Cole's goal v West Ham, lovely chip set up by a cheeky back heel from Vassell.

Has the home game vs Hamburg been mentioned? Another one is the Europa League game against Sporting Lisbon where Joe Hart nearly scored an equaliser. The last minute winner vs Villareal which helped us in our Premier League title win season.

Last edited:
It always felt like a relegation saver that one although we ended up 8 points clear of the bottom 3 so it wasn't actually a season saver. The goal was on 59 mins too although I always thought it was much later too.
Yeah i thought it was about 80 mins.

I think the win meant we were safe with a few games to go .
I remember walking down the curly-wurly and everyone singing “CITY CITY BEST TEAM IN THE LAND AND ALL THE WORLD”

Simpler times

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.