I'd like someone to point out....

Ricster

what exactly Mancini got wrong last night?

City performed well up until the sending off.
We were the better team and Stoke only threatened from throw ins.
Barry, Ireland, and Bellamy had great opportunities.
We had more shots.
More on target.
More possession.
More corners.
Ref screwed us with the sending off.
Overall performance a move in the right direction.
Mancini takes off Bridge and puts on RSC.

I added the last part cos everyone keeps going on about how negative RM is. How the hell is that negative? He went for it with only 10 men. A do or die attitude. The only thing is, it'll be Bobby that dies and not some of our moronic fans.

Forza Mancini

Ricster said:

We had more shots.
More on target.
More possession.
More corners.

I added the last part cos everyone keeps going on about how negative RM is. How the hell is that negative? He went for it with only 10 men. A do or die attitude. The only thing is, it'll be Bobby that dies and not some of our moronic fans.

Forza Mancini

This, we played 3 DMs but dominated the midfield, yet because it was 3 DMs it was all wrong?
Surprised Bellamy hasn't been bitched about more, he pretty much cocked up every chance that came his way.

mancini didnt get anything wrong, was loving the way we played in the beginning. I just think because we didnt score with those chances the team totally lost their cool. I thought it was playing to see that they were really nervous, stoke players were able to dribble into space, we couldnt even muster the courage to turn a player...

I thought what dragged us down was how stoke played really rough, we should have dived more! perhaps mancini doesnt know about how dirty and fkin sly that stoke team were!

element_mcfc said:
mancini didnt get anything wrong, was loving the way we played in the beginning. I just think because we didnt score with those chances the team totally lost their cool. I thought it was playing to see that they were really nervous, stoke players were able to dribble into space, we couldnt even muster the courage to turn a player...

I thought what dragged us down was how stoke played really rough, we should have dived more! perhaps mancini doesnt know about how dirty and fkin sly that stoke team were!

You might have hit the nail on the head there. The more the game went on the more frustrated you could see Mancini was becoming with the players. To me, it was clear that something wasn't going the way he wanted.

Ricster said:

We had more shots.
More on target.
More possession.
More corners.

Forza Mancini

Thank God - someone with sense

Ricster said:

We had more shots.
More on target.
More possession.
More corners.

Forza Mancini

I agree up to a point ricster and its that age old adage that the buck for results starts and ends with the manager.

We don't have a history of giving managers longer than what it takes for the panic to set in.

I suspect fourth place will be good enough to continue with Mancini for next season but if the owners can get someone in that they think will get better results then that's what they will do even if we get fourth playing sub par football for a squad of that cost and so called quality.

I believe they will also look much more closely at the tenures of those they hire to make those decisions for them.

Cook and Co will not look good from above and below if Mancini fails to achieve the targets set for him this season albeit in a relatively short period of time.

mancity1 said:
Ricster said:

We had more shots.
More on target.
More possession.
More corners.

Forza Mancini

I agree up to a point ricster and its that age old adage that the buck for results starts and ends with the manager.

We don't have a history of giving managers longer than what it takes for the panic to set in.

I suspect fourth place will be good enough to continue with Mancini for next season but if the owners can get someone in that they think will get better results then that's what they will do even if we get fourth playing sub par football for a squad of that cost and so called quality.

I believe they will also look much more closely at the tenures of those they hire to make those decisions for them.

Cook and Co will not look good from above and below if Mancini fails to achieve the targets set for him this season albeit in a relatively short period of time.

Thing is, nobody is guarenteed to get us results. The sooner some fellow blues lose that mentallity and realise that its a building process the better.

Mancini should be given time. Get his own players in over the summer and then we'll see what direction we're going in, but if there is anything that is blindly obvious is that this squad doesn't play well together. Something that isn't Mancini's fault.

dont think we played all that well tbh. i watched the game and we had a chance that bellamy fucked up and a chance ireland fucked up and they didnt even get a shot off. and adebayor had a chance that wouldnt go in 99 times out of 100 if the keeper is decent. the best chance of the game really was kompanys header that went wide. dominatiing posession is one things. using it is another.

KingofDraw said:
dont think we played all that well tbh. i watched the game and we had a chance that bellamy fucked up and a chance ireland fucked up and they didnt even get a shot off. and adebayor had a chance that wouldnt go in 99 times out of 100 if the keeper is decent. the best chance of the game really was kompanys header that went wide. dominatiing posession is one things. using it is another.

Well, you were watching a different game to the one i had on. First 25 mins we again dominated and could've been 2 or 3 up.

I agree with the last part of you're post though. We do need a player or 2 that cant play that killer ball, the vision to see a pass before he plays it. Thing is, we had one in Elano, we haven't got one now. That, has nothing to do with Mancini and shows what kind of manager we had before. Its now that we are starting to feel what Hughes did at this club, and the thing is, its going to get worse before it gets better.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.