I'd like someone to point out....

On the whole the performance was good - not really the level we should have been playing but still better than Stoke*. We fought hard and did good despite:

1. an absolute state of a pitch, it's a disgrace for a PREMIERSHIP team to have a pitch that the ball bobbles so much on. This is probably the reason both Bellamy and Ireland missed their chances and possibly the same for Santa Cruz' chance later on.
2. Ade being lazy. He played extremely well (by his standards) against Liverpool at weekend. He doesn't fight for the ball, he ducks under headers and what the hell was he doing on the wing not 10 feet from the half way line, leaving Ireland in the box. I mean FFS!!! He needed to come off but certainly not via a red card - that decision was a joke. The only person lazier than Ade is now playing for Santos.
3. Bridge was having a poor match, nervous probably.
4. Lack of the Bellamy + Tevez link-up. Not to put the whole thing down to 1 player but having Tevez back for weekend would be far from a bad thing.
5. No holding player in mid-field - we needed De Jong. I was watching with my family and expected him to come on when Silvinho did.

I really hope Bobby Manc sticks around. The last thing MCFC needs is more disruption. Besides, given enough time he will make a winning team with or without the current players.

*We were the better team and deserved to win. Stoke were dirty and got their way when they complained.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.