I'd like someone to point out....

Ricster said:
KingofDraw said:
dont think we played all that well tbh. i watched the game and we had a chance that bellamy fucked up and a chance ireland fucked up and they didnt even get a shot off. and adebayor had a chance that wouldnt go in 99 times out of 100 if the keeper is decent. the best chance of the game really was kompanys header that went wide. dominatiing posession is one things. using it is another.

Well, you were watching a different game to the one i had on. First 25 mins we again dominated and could've been 2 or 3 up.

I agree with the last part of you're post though. We do need a player or 2 that cant play that killer ball, the vision to see a pass before he plays it. Thing is, we had one in Elano, we haven't got one now. That, has nothing to do with Mancini and shows what kind of manager we had before. Its now that we are starting to feel what Hughes did at this club, and the thing is, its going to get worse before it gets better.

what mancini is trying to do would work with players that are good enough. cambiasso motta muntari and stankovic. they proved that vs chelsea yesterday. but i know he didnt bring in none of the players but hes tried his tactics and the midfielders we have arent good enough for it. he should see that. id rather play a 442 because when the ball goes to our wings we look dangerous . id rather see us play a 451 over a 4312 or a 433 tho. just a little different than his. first i would put 2 wingers in johnson ireland de jong barry bellamy. or zabaleta or kompany for ireland

Ricster said:
KingofDraw said:
dont think we played all that well tbh. i watched the game and we had a chance that bellamy fucked up and a chance ireland fucked up and they didnt even get a shot off. and adebayor had a chance that wouldnt go in 99 times out of 100 if the keeper is decent. the best chance of the game really was kompanys header that went wide. dominatiing posession is one things. using it is another.

Well, you were watching a different game to the one i had on. First 25 mins we again dominated and could've been 2 or 3 up.

I agree with the last part of you're post though. We do need a player or 2 that cant play that killer ball, the vision to see a pass before he plays it. Thing is, we had one in Elano, we haven't got one now. That, has nothing to do with Mancini and shows what kind of manager we had before. Its now that we are starting to feel what Hughes did at this club, and the thing is, its going to get worse before it gets better.

He have, he's called stevie ireland - unfortunately for whatever reason at the moment he's way of his game.

parkside said:
Ricster said:

He have, he's called stevie ireland - unfortunately for whatever reason at the moment he's way of his game.

So we haven't got one now. Thats why i put now in there mate.

I thought we did ok last night until the sending off which is the point I want to make.
What the feck is football coming too there was fec alll in Adebayors hand off to warrant a straight red card. I said to my wife last night who is 20 weeks pregnant with our 1st son when I take him to football in 5 years time you won't even be able to go near them it will be like fecking netball.

Ricster said:
element_mcfc said:
mancini didnt get anything wrong, was loving the way we played in the beginning. I just think because we didnt score with those chances the team totally lost their cool. I thought it was playing to see that they were really nervous, stoke players were able to dribble into space, we couldnt even muster the courage to turn a player...

I thought what dragged us down was how stoke played really rough, we should have dived more! perhaps mancini doesnt know about how dirty and fkin sly that stoke team were!

You might have hit the nail on the head there. The more the game went on the more frustrated you could see Mancini was becoming with the players. To me, it was clear that something wasn't going the way he wanted.

And this, Bluemooners, is the essence of football. You ask a manager how he got it right, say, Jose last night at the San Siro, or even BaseballCapMan, and they will come out with a load of waffle which would simply be a replay of the match. They will tell you what you saw. Ask both them before the match and neither would say it was the penalty that the ref didn't award or the sending off that the ref did.

Our biggest problem is converting all the possession, chances and superior individual quality into winning performances. We have had some great performances this season. Let's not forget we outshone and outfought CFC, the Arse twice and MANUre. We have the players, we have the manager, we need to look at the recipe and ingredients a little more.

But we are in that black hole of the more yer try, the worse it gets.

Mancini did fuck all wrong last night.

Tactics and team selection were fine. Tempo was fine until the players got nervous.

What turned the game last night was Adebayor's red. Not in the way that it was unfair (which it was), but it removed our most effective set piece defender from the game and Stoke made hay while the sun shone. I'd say Given wouldn't have tried to come for that throw had Ade been on the field. Third goal came cos we were chasing.

And of course, it was completely unfair. Not a red in a million years, and an extra kick in the teeth after Mascherano.

If you think (and rant) that Mancini was the reason we lost last night then - and I make no apologies for saying this - you have no fucking clue about football, whatsoever.

You should go and get another hobby because the one you have doesn't suit you.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.