If Bobby goes, who comes in?

Sabster said:
Hiddink is also massivly overated

Of course, people always manage Real Madrid, Chelsea and Valencia by being massively overrated.

That is before 5 international jobs.

As for Klopp, he is definitely going well with Dortmund right now being clear in the Bundesliga but could someone of his experience cut it in England? Ramos and Christian Gross spring to mind. We would need someone proven internationally and with experience I think but also with a distinct idea of what is required to succeed in the Premiership. Not asking for much really ;)

SkyBlueCitizen said:
If Bobby goes I would assume the Board will pick a manager who would bring a change in the way we do things.

Joachim Lowe

exactly who i would want in. great style of attacking football with germany.

DoubleDenimDave said:
PhuketBlue said:
I assume Rijkaard was there as a joke.

Was dreadful at Galatasaray whom he left near the bottom of the league.

Unheard of.

Mancini just has to go first, I'd be happy with that for starters.
Fair enough. Point taken; you can cross off Rijkaard's name off my list. And replace it with Redknapp. He gets slaughtered on here, but face it. He took over a team that was in the bottom three and in just over a season and a half, got them into the CL. He seems to know how to get the best out of the vast majority his players. Can the same be said of Mancini?

avoidconfusion said:
Damocles said:
The only manager that I could accept is Hitzfeld.

My dad (RIP) never forgave him for taking Matthaeus off in the dying minutes of the 1999 Champions League Final where Munich were dominaing United and were leading 1:0.

He takes Matthaeus off who controlled the game... and I think we all remember what happened next.

No thanks.

That's extremely harsh, he still had to get Bayern to the final and don't forget he atoned for that loss 2 years later. Plus he won the competition with Dortmund.

That is not bad going.

Citizen52 said:
avoidconfusion said:
My dad (RIP) never forgave him for taking Matthaeus off in the dying minutes of the 1999 Champions League Final where Munich were dominaing United and were leading 1:0.

He takes Matthaeus off who controlled the game... and I think we all remember what happened next.

No thanks.

That's extremely harsh, he still had to get Bayern to the final and don't forget he atoned for that loss 2 years later. Plus he won the competition with Dortmund.

That is not bad going.
I know age shouldn't really have anything to do with it, but just how old is Hitzfeld now (can't be bothered wiki-ing it)? Would he be able to cope with the inevitable pressure that would come with the job?

Nobody , ideally we would want mourinho but he won't come so soon after taking the job at madrid . There is nobody else I would take who is available . So the best thing to do is give Mancini the season if he fails then let him go but just let him prove himself , but I don't think he will get time , the fans overtime will jump on his back , and if the performances are anything like today I will end up being one of them which I really don't want to be.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.