IF City were to get relegated

Just my hunch but I’m convinced Pep said what he said precisely because he knows it’s not going to happen.

Which suggests he’s seen all the evidence and knows we’ve done nothing wrong - just like with the CAS ruling.

Perhaps rules in Scotland are different but in the English pyramid you were always forced to start a minimum of two divisions down when reforming.

Hereford United were expelled from the Conference, joined the Southern League, wound up and then reformed for the Midland Alliance (or whatever it was called.)

Rangers in the fourth tier is about right.
I thought Rangers were put in the fourth tier as there was no direct promotion from non-league to Scottish League at the time so they couldn't start even lower.

I thought Rangers were put in the fourth tier as there was no direct promotion from non-league to Scottish League at the time so they couldn't start even lower.
I don’t recall. I followed Hereford’s case quite closely. Asset strippers bought a club £1.3 million in debt for £2 with designs on the land the stadium sat on.

As they were Cockneys, Wurzels hated them and stopped attending en masse. They lasted months before being wound up.

Doesn't make much difference to me personally, what league we're playing in, went when we were in 2nd division, will still go if we're in the conference.
I agree with you mate..for me personally it's watching City regardless of the opposition.. obviously it's more of a draw to be playing Madrid in a semi final than say Scunthorpe in a lower league game ( no offense to any Scunthorpe fans by the way) but it's all about watching Our Team.

This threads all "jumpers for goalposts...." without recognising the implications.

ANY form of enforced relegation would be catastrophic for the club. It would paint us as CHEATS forever and all of our achievements would be irreparably tainted as would Peps legacy. The very thought of it makes me sick to my stomach. It would likely be financially unsustainable for even a year as most sponsorship arrangements carry substantial financial penalties for not being in the PL or CL. Player contracts also will likely allow players to leave and a lot would likely be picked off by our competitors. It would be a financial disaster. The club would go on no doubt with reduced attendances after an initial surge of indignation until the reality of Championship football hit home. The whole thing is inconceivable.
But yeah No VAR....great!

Obviously hypothetically speaking at this stage but does anyone else get quite excited at the thought of us being relegated or ‘expelled’ from the premier league and back down to the lower leagues? Especially now Pep has pledged his allegiance if we are to go down.

No var, no tourist fans taking up away tickets, new grounds out the 92 to tick off, not having to play United or Liverpool twice a season.

I’m torn between how gutted rival fans will be if we are cleared of the charges and reliving my youth in the lower leagues haha.

Bring it on whatever happens

And, looking on the bright side, how cheap would the tunnel club be ?

It was a sort of compromise. The SPLF (or was it the SPL?) opted for a lesser punishment but there was a fan revolt from every other club with the threats of boycotting matches unless Sevco were busted down. The suggestion that the newco be admitted at the second tier was rejected.

Most supporters wanted them out of the league system completely. However the compromise to admit the new club to Tier Four was attractive to many clubs. It took the new Rangers four seasons to get back to the Premiership, including two seasons in the Championship so all lower Divisions benefited financially.

The SFL was a closed League until comparatively recent times. However plenty of new teams have entered mostly through expansion but also to the demise of the likes of Third Lanark, Clydebank, and Gretna. There was no doubt the new Rangers would have been back in the SPFL very quickly.

This threads all "jumpers for goalposts...." without recognising the implications.

ANY form of enforced relegation would be catastrophic for the club. It would paint us as CHEATS forever and all of our achievements would be irreparably tainted as would Peps legacy. The very thought of it makes me sick to my stomach. It would likely be financially unsustainable for even a year as most sponsorship arrangements carry substantial financial penalties for not being in the PL or CL. Player contracts also will likely allow players to leave and a lot would likely be picked off by our competitors. It would be a financial disaster. The club would go on no doubt with reduced attendances after an initial surge of indignation until the reality of Championship football hit home. The whole thing is inconceivable.
But yeah No VAR....great!

It wouldn't be that bad, it would be similar to Juventus when they went down. About 50% of the players decided to make a point of staying, they went straight back up and after a couple years they won 6 Scudettos on the bounce.

It wouldn't be that bad, it would be similar to Juventus when they went down. About 50% of the players decided to make a point of staying, they went straight back up and after a couple years they won 6 Scudettos on the bounce.
Who is going to pay those players that wanted to stay? SM would be disbarred, the executive team would be under police investigation, 30+ teams would be suing City, the ‘fraudulent’ sponsorships deals would be discounted so who would be pumping in hundreds of £m to tick it over for that year?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.