If ever I needed reminding why I'm proud to be a Blue!

Blue2112 said:
The coach from Warwickshire wasn't parked on the official car park but on the side road at the back of the Premier inn as we was walking towards the Bridge, just yards away from where your sad pathetic daytrippers had hung a Red Tevez shirt which everyone was clammering to take photos of each other writing scum and other remarks upon it. Honestly the actions of Primary school boys and coming on the back of getting to Wembley you really are the real Bitter Bastards of the two clubs.

Your football team deserved the victory whilst your support deserve fuck all and whilst I long for my team to one day match your haul of trophies I would gladly forsake all of it if the cost was for our support to ever come close to yours. Dignified was our response amidst all the baiting of your piped music and the saying 'Born a Blue, manufactured a Red' was never more truer than at 10pm last night.

Enjoy your success because it's not gonna last forever.

TBH I was shocked at how quiet City were last night. I was at the other end of the ground so maybe the sound didnt carry very well, but I was in the same seat against Leeds who I thought were much louder. When you say you don't want your support to be like ours. In what way do you mean? If its the day trippers, then thats a by product of our success compounded by the Glazer boycott. Even still we pretty much out sung you in both legs, although last night we sang the same 2 songs all night. If you mean the small mindedness u describe above, then every club as fans like this. It wasnt too long ago I seen City fans on SSN in head scarves singing munich.

I realise our success will not last forever but we're having a good go at it. Almost 20 years and counting.

ssg2 said:
Blue2112 said:
Point 4 - I was the one shouting 'get your souvenirs' because it was like a fucking circus back there. I mean I thought the idea of going to to watch a football match was not to go shopping for t-shirts, hats, flags,handfuls of programmes for the family and friends or ebay, or any piece of tat bearing the rag crest FFS.I genuinely feel for your true Mancunian fans who probably never frequent these market 'tat' stalls. Fuck it you just dont get it do you.

My apologies then, you made it sound like the stall holder thought he was at a funfair.
I actually don't have a problem with the stalls, every ground has someone selling something, its the fookin air horns that do my nut in.
I see you didn't respond to the other points ;)
I,ll respond to you ssg,fuck off this site your not wanted here,dont want to hear anything you or your scum supporters have to say

sixlashes said:
ssg2 said:
My apologies then, you made it sound like the stall holder thought he was at a funfair.
I actually don't have a problem with the stalls, every ground has someone selling something, its the fookin air horns that do my nut in.
I,ll respond to you ssg,fuck off this site your not wanted here,dont want to hear anything you or your scum supporters have to say
fucking hell a keyboard warrior. its amazing that when you put a reasoned argument across you get halfwits responding with a fuck off

ssg2 said:
Blue2112 said:
Point 4 - I was the one shouting 'get your souvenirs' because it was like a fucking circus back there. I mean I thought the idea of going to to watch a football match was not to go shopping for t-shirts, hats, flags,handfuls of programmes for the family and friends or ebay, or any piece of tat bearing the rag crest FFS.I genuinely feel for your true Mancunian fans who probably never frequent these market 'tat' stalls. Fuck it you just dont get it do you.

His last line was a response to the other points.

Mydon't have a problem with the stalls, every ground has someone selling something, its the fookin air horns that do my nut in. apologies then, you made it sound like the stall holder thought he was at a funfair.
I actually
I see you didn't respond to the other points ;)[/quote]

No I didn't reply because when I multi-quote the page keeps flickering and I can't see what the fuck I'm writing and so I cut it short. So to answer your other points and I'll be honest about all of this. My mothers a Red, my dads a Blue and I love the banter between the fans. Ive had it all day long and I'll take it and give it as long as no fucker starts kicking fuck out of each other then It's all fair game to me. I actually smiled when Rooney scored because I thought here the fuck we go AGAIN! And if it was the other way round then we'd have gone mental as well.

Nothing wrong with selling merchandise but you gotta admit it's like Harpurhey market down there and most of it is United tat for the once in a season visiting hordes.

Yes we did the Blue Moon, little bit cringeworthy in a derby game when in my opinion the game is big enough to create its own atmosphere but still at least its done with a degree of individuality and thought whereas to be quite frank the piped music from Vera Lynns fucking grandmother belting out United Road, Que Sera and Glory Glory was quite frankly hideously obscene and amateurish, actually was the CD bought from one of your market stalls outside - now that I could understand. FFS if your gonna do it then at least try to do it with some degree of respectability.

Yes we do have fans from further afield than Manchester, I myself have friends and family from other shores come to watch the Blues but you see its so so much more of a test of character following a team of no real success for the past 33 years than it is to jump aboard the next train or coach and hitch a ride on the bandwagon rolling into Old rafford every other week. We've all met colleagues through work etc. and the conversation turns to football and its 'Oh I went to O/T once for a night game to see Man U. and its an instant turn off, like watching the wife come downstairs with the wooly pyjamas on and a block of chocolate in one hand and a book in the other. And they just don't get it. Like I said I genuinely love an arguement and banter with a real rag, sadly and I mean sadly I honestly know less and less these days. I knowyour history I was brought up in a house with it andI despise those that cling to your club like some blood sucking leech hanging on for grim death. I was at a City function a few months back and was sat at the same table as the recently departed Albert Scanlon and it was a privelige to meet and talk with him. I was proud to ask a Busby Babe for his signature. I do have to wonder how many of the so called United fans I meet day in day out would know who he was unless they googled his name.

City are not perfect of that I know full well, but give me my owns clubs faults against your current weekly circus all day long, because following City is more than football its meeting the same faces home and away week in week out, year in and year out.

City are not perfect of that I know full well, but give me my owns clubs faults against your current weekly circus all day long, because following City is more than football its meeting the same faces home and away week in week out, year in and year out.

You think following Utd is not like this aswell? Granted, Old Trafford is a joke, especially since the Glazer takeover but our away support is the best in the country, although that seems to be in decline. City and the media try to sum up our support with the usual day-tripper/ cockney jibes and you've made reference to the music over the tannoy at full time which was a bit gay but thats no reflection of our true support and I think you know that. A good reflection of our support is the flare incident last week (no other set of fans in the country would have done that) or 3 nil down away at fulhamm, singing 'this is how it feels to be city' non stop for 20 mins. Both great moments that made me proud to support Utd. That wasn't just about the football.

You can try to convince yourselves that supporting Utd must be rubbish but take my word for it theres no better team to support in the world.

Serious? said:

You think following Utd is not like this aswell? Granted, Old Trafford is a joke, especially since the Glazer takeover but our away support is the best in the country, although that seems to be in decline. City and the media try to sum up our support with the usual day-tripper/ cockney jibes and you've made reference to the music over the tannoy at full time which was a bit gay but thats no reflection of our true support and I think you know that. A good reflection of our support is the flare incident last week (no other set of fans in the country would have done that) or 3 nil down away at fulhamm, singing 'this is how it feels to be city' non stop for 20 mins. Both great moments that made me proud to support Utd. That wasn't just about the football.

You can try to convince yourselves that supporting Utd must be rubbish but take my word for it theres no better team to support in the world.[/quote]

Like I said before if your a genuine red (Mancunian or not) then I can relate to what your saying as with every football fan of every football club no mater how big or small then their support feels the best in the world to that individual. You probably won't believe me but I'm born and bred Mancunian, lived here for all my 44 years, probably have a rough split of 50/50 Blues and Reds in my family and friends but without word of a lie I know only 4 regular attendees at O/T and they're all season ticket holders. One is corporate, one is a Cockney from Leytonstone, one is from Gorton and the 4th from Rochdale who sells his ticket to the highest bidder. None of my family ever go, infact I've embarassed my brother-in-law by getting him tickets just to enjoy watching him squirm out of it with other pathetic excuses. I can only go off my own experiences. If your a genuine red then I've no real arguement with you other than to say I hope Villa stuff you and Dunney scores the winner.

Serious? said:

You can try to convince yourselves that supporting Utd must be rubbish but take my word for it theres no better team to support in the world.

Oh yes there is!

Beautifully written stuff Blue2112, thoroughly enjoyed reading it and summed it up perfectly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.