If it DOESN’T go ahead

JOGAMIGMOG

Team supported
Manchester City, England and Levante Union Deportiva
With the Govt on board and other countries’ governments, there’s a chance the ESL won’t get off the ground. But assuming it doesn’t happen, where does that leave us, the supporters?
No doubt many fans have already jacked it in for good on the back of the announcement. I don’t agree with this attitude purely on the basis that everyone deserves a second chance. Have you never made a mistake in your own life and asked/hoped for forgiveness? I’m sure you know lots of people who have anyway.
Fans the world over are being mobilised against these owners. Football is eating itself and only we can save it with the Government’s assistance. So the ESL doesn’t take off, it’s stopped due to fan power and the club is dragged back from the abyss and given a second chance and nurtured back into our hearts by the fans. You don’t or can’t do that if you walk away. Instead you can be amongst those who future generations will look upon as the saviours of MCFC. I can’t walk away on the club I love, I have invested a lifetime of love into it and it deserves saving.
If the ESL goes ahead I am going to Wembley on Sunday to watch the club I love for the last ever time and that is beyond sad.

Even more troubling is if the ESL goes ahead, falls flat on its face ... what then for the club?
Start in non-league and work our way back up the pyramid?
This is an all or nothing gamble, and I for one would not bet on any tip off from Agnelli.
If we pull out before the league gains traction, we can save our reputation. But this will be a stick we will get beaten with for a long, long time!

The ESL seem sure clubs can't be kicked out of their domestic leagues so there are no issues about having to start again at non-league level. Whether this is true remains to be seen.
But starting low down means seeing City at lots of new grounds. It will be like 98-99 all over again.

I've said this elsewhere
When we were banned by UEFA, we were told it was their tournament, they set the rules and they invited teams to participate
So surely we can decline the invitation and play elsewhere midweek, as long as it doesn't interfere with our domestic commitments
The stumbling block for me is if the SL isn't recognised by the PL, FL or FA and when the calendar becomes congested they schedule matches to coincide with SL nights

Will go ahead. From RM president statement, there is no backing out now. The binding agreement is there.
Its a bit like an armed stand off right now - everyone threatening to take the ultimate sanctions.

The domestic Leagues + UEFA + Fifa can legally ban the clubs from everything outside of ESL. But its a massive loss for them to kick out the big clubs and big players. So they don't want to pull the trigger.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.