If Mancini is sacked mid-season....

Have to agree DD.
In a competition for the best manager there is a shortlist of only 1.

Didsbury Dave said:
waspish said:
The clue is in what I Said..........

MAte, you actually said Mancini is the best manager we've ever had.

It was a laughable comment.

Yeah I was wrong there! I meant "Could be".............

I also said what I thought, in the follow up to your "Hilarious" remark.........

waspish said:
Didsbury Dave said:
MAte, you actually said Mancini is the best manager we've ever had.

It was a laughable comment.

Yeah I was wrong there! I meant "Could be".............

I also said what I thought, in the follow up to your "Hilarious" remark.........

Fair enough mate.

Hopefully Mancini will be given at least until the end of the season - but I just hope he learns to play with a more attacking style. I was upset at the way we didn't have more of a go against the rags - who I think we could have beat had his team selection been a little more aggressive.

waspish said:

Giving time? You meant "given time", surely?

Let's give Mancini as long as Wenger has had at Arsenal. Do you still believe he'll win 14 trophies? I like our Manager and I think he's determined to see this job through - but your comment about him being the most succesful Manager in our history is full of confidence and I want to know if you genuinely believe what you've written.

He's been in charge for less than a year. We don't really know what he can do.

If he is sacked it would be a mistake imo.Not that I can see he is doing a lot right at the mo but he should be given time to sort the problems out and succeed. ( or fail if it goes that way)

His biggest challenge would appear to me to be the dressing room. I hope there is more harmony than it seems and no I am not just going from what the papers say.He is a strong character and I hope he can ride the current problems. Nothing that a few consecutive good results won't solve.

peoffrey said:
waspish said:

Giving time? You meant "given time", surely?

Let's give Mancini as long as Wenger has had at Arsenal. Do you still believe he'll win 14 trophies? I like our Manager and I think he's determined to see this job through - but your comment about him being the most succesful Manager in our history is full of confidence and I want to know if you genuinely believe what you've written.

He's been in charge for less than a year. We don't really know what he can do.

I Believe in Mancini more than any other manager I've watched manage city(25 years)..... You now why I do? I just feel it.........Its the first time as a city fan I have really got angry and lost my temper with other city fans about a manager at our club......Just pray we back Mancini for 3 to 4 years at the very least..........I have 100% faith in him........................

Blimey, this debate is heating up! I think that Mancio should be given time (at least until this season ends). Afterall, it is the players that are currently letting him down particularly the dissaffected one's, gobbing off in the press etc. Dock their wages - draconian means but needed me thinks!

On a serious note though, we definately need some long term stability and one as to wonder if the pragmatic yet impatient approach may eminate from messrs Garry Cook & Brian Marwood rather then Chairman Kaldoon or the great Sheik Monsour himself?? Afterall, the arabs are not entirely blessed with football (EPL) knowledge whereas Brian Marwood certainly is and is totally in cohoots with Garry Cook (whose business accumum has been unparalleled I might add)!!! Surely, any move to change the management team would un-balance the current 'status quo' thus leaving Mr Cook & Marwood in a procarious position??

"Afterall, we just want a stable club, one thats competeing at the highest level with the other top clubs, and a realistic chance of honours - don't we"?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.