If Mancini was here, we would be...

BillyShears said:
GaudinoMotors said:
Jeez - if they didn't respect him for his desire, drive, bringing the first trophies in decades, his playing career, his managerial career, not accepting poor performances, not massaging egos, will to win etc what would they respect him for??
Now they have all they asked for and although green shoots do appear from time to time - nothing is sustained or clearly evident.

I don't understand. They didn't respect him because he talked shit about them publicly. They didn't respect him because he didn't respect the clear authority they had. Mancini is certainly a winner, but he's a winner with a shelf life at any club because of his own abrasive, arrogant, uncompromising ways. Maybe we could've eked another season out of him, but I suspect the owners wanted to change many things at the club and Mancini wasn't going to acquiesce to many of the changes so removing him was the best thing for them and the club.

Sounds just like the GPC but he didn't do too bad did he ?

spanishblue said:
BillyShears said:
GaudinoMotors said:
Jeez - if they didn't respect him for his desire, drive, bringing the first trophies in decades, his playing career, his managerial career, not accepting poor performances, not massaging egos, will to win etc what would they respect him for??
Now they have all they asked for and although green shoots do appear from time to time - nothing is sustained or clearly evident.

I don't understand. They didn't respect him because he talked shit about them publicly. They didn't respect him because he didn't respect the clear authority they had. Mancini is certainly a winner, but he's a winner with a shelf life at any club because of his own abrasive, arrogant, uncompromising ways. Maybe we could've eked another season out of him, but I suspect the owners wanted to change many things at the club and Mancini wasn't going to acquiesce to many of the changes so removing him was the best thing for them and the club.

Ferguson had the respect of nearly everyone behind the scenes at United. The players feared him but respected him. The people who worked alongside him revered the man. He was the polar opposite of Mancini in that he was a company man who never ever publicly criticised the people who were running United. He rarely criticised his players in public.

If you think Mancini and Ferguson were similar you are way off in your assessments IMO.

BillyShears said:
spanishblue said:
BillyShears said:

Ferguson had the respect of nearly everyone behind the scenes at United. The players feared him but respected him. The people who worked alongside him revered the man. He was the polar opposite of Mancini in that he was a company man who never ever publicly criticised the people who were running United. He rarely criticised his players in public.

If you think Mancini and Ferguson were similar you are way off in your assessments IMO.

Both winners in there own way, and don't forget Ferguson after four years was on his way out .And you are correct he didn't critisise his players in public the man who was so well loved waited until he was finished and like the twat he is put it in a book

BillyShears said:
spanishblue said:
BillyShears said:

Ferguson had the respect of nearly everyone behind the scenes at United. The players feared him but respected him. The people who worked alongside him revered the man. He was the polar opposite of Mancini in that he was a company man who never ever publicly criticised the people who were ruining United. He rarely criticised his players in public.

Quick edit for you:)

Ferguson was feared by his players. The ones that crossed him were soon shipped out and his well publicised hair dryer treatment can only be imagined. One case where for long periods the manager was indeed bigger than the club or anyone at it.

spanishblue said:
Both winners in there own way, and don't forget Ferguson after four years was on his way out .And you are correct he didn't critisise his players in public the man who was so well loved waited until he was finished and like the twat he is put it in a book

We're drifting further and further away from my original point. Mancini had to go. Whether you rate Pellegrini or not is a different matter, but because of his own nature and because of the direction the owners wanted to take the club in, he had to go. As I say, maybe they could've eked another season out of him, but the moment it was decided Txiki and Ferran were going to be the new kingmakers at City, it will have been apparent to Khaldoon and Mansour that this would mean letting Mancini go.

BillyShears said:
spanishblue said:

We're drifting further and further away from my original point. Mancini had to go. Whether you rate Pellegrini or not is a different matter, but because of his own nature and because of the direction the owners wanted to take the club in, he had to go. As I say, maybe they could've eked another season out of him, but the moment it was decided Txiki and Ferran were going to be the new kingmakers at City, it will have been apparent to Khaldoon and Mansour that this would mean letting Mancini go.

OK Billy we will agree to differ . But in the words of the great man Bill Shnkly " first is first second is nothing" I as a City supporter want to be first now I have had the taste, I don't give a toss about the politics.

Bob is a great manager and i wish he was still here but he just wanted to much power and in the end it was his downfall..

I think he probabily regrets how he handles some things and will learn from that in his next job..

mancini didn't "have to go" a number of things could of happened ,the owners could of come down on Mancinis side and honoured the 5 year contract they gave him ,removing feran and trikki for people who would support mancini not work to destroy him, they must be wondering if they have been properly advised after all,pel is 1 or 2 defeats away from a very grim future,hopefully he will take the 2 amigos with him

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.