If not Mancini or Mourinho

albindgreat said:
what about the most successfull manager out there available today??????
marcelo lippi....
he has won everything.....

As shown by his Italy team in the World Cup, he is completely outdated and if people complain about stubbornness with Mancini, Lippi can be even worse.

If we were to go for any Italian, I'd probably choose Spalletti because he loves attacking football and has done well with both Roma and Zenit. Perhaps the right mix of attacking entertainment and the Italian mindset that the defence must be good.

And he likes his scarves too.

luciano_spalletti2.jpg

Meanwhile, Hiddink for Chelsea?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1376645/Roman-Abramovich-wants-Guus-Hiddink-return-Chelsea.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... elsea.html</a>

There is a rumour Ancelotti is going to be sacked by Chelsea in this summer. If not Mourinho, I'd rather want Ancelotti than Mancini simply because:

Ancelotti won Chelsea 2 titles, and he never plays for draw (the annoying negative football).

Mancini over-relies on Tevez, and he "chickened-out" when play against strong teams.

All these are good managers with vast experience: Mourinho, Ancelotti, Gus Hiddink, Guardiola. Don't think you can get Guardiola.

The curious case of Guardiola:
He always looks like he wants to quit Barcelona as there are always news about him considering whether to continue to be their coach or not. Strange. Perhaps Guardiola has been courted by a club or two for some time.
I guess the likely next club for him is Inter, not Man City, as Inter have a lot of Spanish speaking players.

Mancini should be sacked if he makes another "mistake" again, or continues playing negative football.

salfordblues said:
this touches upon an important point.

Apart from Mourinho there are not too many better options than Mancini.

Couldn't agree more. Once yer get past those two, yer dallyin' with unknown quantities among the managers who would be available and who would want to come. Those who would crowbar Mancini out of MCFC might be in for a huge disappointment.

Van Gaal or Hiddink

Hiddink i sadly dont see happening
Van Gaal loves the media so for that alone he would be hilarious. This year bayern have been shite under his rule but i wonder how much thats his fault!

I dont see why people still rate benitez.

Redknapp honestly would do ok although the look of him makes me ill!

Boas is unproven in the Prem and therefore a risk that the owner feels is way to great, especially if we fail to qualify for the CL again this season.

Ancelotti i would take as he is surely gone from Chelsea and Hiddink is so firmly in Romans pocket that he will never manage anyone else in the prem.

Scary thought is Capello. He ticks the experience box and could be seen as a safe bet to our owner if he gets desperate.

I still fancy Mourinho though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.