If the squad stays as it is, what is our strongest 11?

I am flabbergasted that so many of you have omitted Yaya from your line-ups. He would be awesome in a 4-2-3-1 formation, in which Gundogan and Fernandinho would be shielding the defence.
Probably because we've been watching him for the last 18 months.
Be a bonus if he has an Indian Summer of sorts but I won't be holding my breath.

..................Hart...............

Zaba.....Komp....Stones......Clichy

.................Yaya..................

........Dinho...........Ilkay.............

Silva..............................KDB

.................Kun.....................

Willy,Otamendi,Delph,Nolito,Raheem,Sane,Kelechi

I am flabbergasted that so many of you have omitted Yaya from your line-ups. He would be awesome in a 4-2-3-1 formation, in which Gundogan and Fernandinho would be shielding the defence.

And that's the problem. We have enough players that can play in front of Fernandinho/Gundogan. Silva, Sterling, Sane, KDB, Nolito etc...
Would you have Yaya instead of Kevin or Silva? I certainly wouldn't....

I am not convinced Yaya is exactly what Pep will be looking for as he does lack energy but on the other hand he is as good as there is for ball retention. While others get to full fitness I wouldnt be surprised if Yaya starts on Saturday

Nolito------Kun---------Sane
------Silva(Yaya)---KDB
-------------Gundo
Clichy--Stone--Kom---Dinho
-----------------------------------------
Nolito------Kun---------Sane
--------------KDB
---Silva(Yaya)---Gundo
--------------Dinho
----Ota------Kom-----Stone

Would never recommend actually playing a game with this but:

Hart
Stones Kompany Otamendi
Fernandinho Gundogan
Sané Silva De Bruyne Sterling
Aguero

I think the target is to end up playing this team at home against weaker opposition.

I'm pretty sure Pep usually likes to play 3 at the back against a 4231. That's why he's gone all out for Stones and Bonucci, because it's essential to have centre backs who are comfortable on the ball to play that way.

Also this shape is the best way to get Silva and KDB in to the same team operating in their favoured area of the pitch.

Perhaps KDB will play further forward as he is a bigger goal threat, but Silva would take the piss in that team. Having two energetic grafters behind him who have the quality to get the ball in to his feet, KDB nearby on the same wavelength, real penetrating runs with pace out wide from Sane and Sterling for him to feed, and the movement of Aguero pushed right on the last man, we could actually score 10!

Hart
Sagna Kompany Stones Clichy
Gundogan Dinho
Sane KDB Gabriel
Aguero

I truly believe Gabriel Jesus will be the next superstar of world football. I've followed him for the past few seasons and trust me the boy is very special. Can't wait for him to get here

..................Hart...............

Zaba.....Komp....Stones......Clichy

.................Yaya..................

........Dinho...........Ilkay.............

Silva..............................KDB

.................Kun.....................

Willy,Otamendi,Delph,Nolito,Raheem,Sane,Kelechi

Exactly my choice.

......................Hart....................

.....Stones......Kompany.....Clichy.....

.....Fernandinho.........Gundogan......

.....Silva.....................De Bruyne...

Sane..............Aguero............Nolito

Bench
Caballero
Zabaleta
Otamendi
Toure
Navas
Sterling
Iheanacho

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.