If this is how the club treat loyal supporters...

I really can't understand anyone who complains about swearing at football. It's like going to church and complaining because people are praying.

Then the same folk turn around and moan about the atmosphere!

The game we all loved is slowly but surely being destroyed by middle-class wankers.

Someone in front of me throwing coins at the Everton match. A peice of broken bottle cam winging back in our direction. Told a steward and he said it'd be on camera and that was it!
The twat was still sat two rows in front of me last game.

The family stand should be a swear-free zone - people who go in there should accept that. The corporate areas bring in a lot of money - money that helps keep the rest of the ticket prices down. Lose the corporate money and you'll find the regular City fan will have to pay more for their tickets. So it's understandable that the club want to keep that lot sweet.

Doesn't mean that kicking someone out for a first time offence is fair though. There should be a yellow/red card system in force.

You get a verbal warning for the first minor offence (persistant standing/swearing) which is tagged against your seasoncard/citycard, then a yellow card and finally a red. A straight red for violence or throwingthings. Depending on what the red is for should determine your ban. Three games for swearing/persistant standing, one/two/three years/life for violence/throwing objects.

As far as this episode goes, I'd ring and try to make an appointment to speak to someone. Explain that you weren't given a warning and that you are sorry for your actions and will ensure that your future behaviour is more in line with what the club expects for that area. I'm sure they will be able to check on cctv if a steward came over to you prior to this happening. If, as you say, it was the first time you were spoken to, surely they should reconsider the ban.

Best of luck.

BrianW said:
I really can't understand anyone who complains about swearing at football. It's like going to church and complaining because people are praying.

The game we all loved is slowly but surely being destroyed by middle-class wankers.

I agree so long as it's in context and the swearing isn't aimed at other blues nearby. There are some proper dicks sometimes at COMS who want to be the centre of attention.

Aside from in the family stand though I don't see the problem. I enjoy shouting and swearing as much as the next man but if the people in front are little kids then I tone it down.

BrianW said:

Depends where you're sat. You should be able to sit with your kids without someone sat next to them shouting '****, twat, fucking wanker' all afternoon. However if you go in the South Stand it is obligatory.

As for level two Colin Bell .............. looks like the money is talking over there now. And it's saying 'stop fucking swearing or you'll be kicked out!'

ban-mcfc said:
i think i swear about a 1000 times during every game.

Same here. I use every single word you can think of and i shout it loudly. It is what hundreds of thousands of people do all over this country and have been doing for decades!

It is sad beyond every level of sad that anyone is kicked out of any stadium anywhere for anything like this! and those who complain are included!

BrianW said:

Bang on! and basically it's the clubs fault because the prices are increasing and in the next 5-8 years i predict prices will be as expensive as any of the expensive London clubs in certain areas. So it'll only get worse!

At the Blackpool game , a bloke near me , south stand 2, shouts at the away fans "youve had your day out , now fuk off home and go and shag a donkey". I was with my son whos 11, he laughed, I laughed, the steward near us laughed , everyone laughed, its part of the game. It certainly is, in the S Stand any way.

I saw a guy get thrown out at the Villa game for drinking from a plastic bottle with a screw top. Seeing as i had one myself i had to do an SAS type operation to disguise me taking a swig from the bottle and my sister was that scared of being thrown out she went to the toilet to have a drink.

I know that bottles with screw tops can be dangerous when thrown by idiots but ejection for it is pathetic, i presume he was thrown out as he never came back to his seat.

I'll still continue to take bottled drinks in as i like the option of not concentrating on knocking my drink over when people go past. When i spend £40 to watch a game i want to get my value for money and not spend my time worrying about knocking over a £2.20 bottle.

daveduke67 said:
Someone in front of me throwing coins at the Everton match. A peice of broken bottle cam winging back in our direction. Told a steward and he said it'd be on camera and that was it!
The twat was still sat two rows in front of me last game.

The family stand should be a swear-free zone - people who go in there should accept that. The corporate areas bring in a lot of money - money that helps keep the rest of the ticket prices down. Lose the corporate money and you'll find the regular City fan will have to pay more for their tickets. So it's understandable that the club want to keep that lot sweet.

Doesn't mean that kicking someone out for a first time offence is fair though. There should be a yellow/red card system in force.

You get a verbal warning for the first minor offence (persistant standing/swearing) which is tagged against your seasoncard/citycard, then a yellow card and finally a red. A straight red for violence or throwingthings. Depending on what the red is for should determine your ban. Three games for swearing/persistant standing, one/two/three years/life for violence/throwing objects.

As far as this episode goes, I'd ring and try to make an appointment to speak to someone. Explain that you weren't given a warning and that you are sorry for your actions and will ensure that your future behaviour is more in line with what the club expects for that area. I'm sure they will be able to check on cctv if a steward came over to you prior to this happening. If, as you say, it was the first time you were spoken to, surely they should reconsider the ban.

Best of luck.

Very reasonable approach in my opinion

To the OP: Haven't read through the whole thread but all stewards are cunts. End of.

Don't know if anyones suggested it to you already, but get hold of the Football Supporters Federation. They can try to help you out.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.fsf.org.uk/fan-in-trouble.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.fsf.org.uk/fan-in-trouble.php</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.