If this is how the club treat loyal supporters...

Blue Mooner said:
No smoke without fire imo, I'm sorry, but it's unlikely you were thrown out for expressing a few expletives.

For someone to bother making a complaint to the stewards (they're not listening in to 47,000 people) it had to be something pretty bad and very persistent.

There is always two sides to every story so I'm not going to extend my sympathies to someone who has been ejected from the ground and season card rescinded without hearing the other side. I don't for a minute think that the club or any steward would do that lightly (on the whole they are a good bunch trying to do a difficult job)

If you are one of these whingers who swears at your own players then I'm glad you got slung out, we could do with enforcing that policy a bit more in my view.

Completely understand you must be feeling pretty bad at the moment ( I know I would) but can't say I have any sympathy for you as I'm very dubious you have given an honest version of events. Not saying its not true just that I have to say I take it with a pinch of salt.

you sound like the very prick i'm talking about, you got your high vis on now at home?

inthenextlife said:
I have sat in the same place (more or less) since 1998 after moving to a better seat in the Kippax when a lot of people let their season tickets go when we were relegated into Div 2. I sit very near to the corporate seats on Level 2 of the East Stand and we have heard various rumours about a price hike next season. Worringly though, this season the stewards near to me have become much stricter on swearing and have warned the guys I sit near. A couple of games ago a steward came over and asked someone to "calm down" even though he wasn't swearing. It looks very much like the club want fan like us that swear and get animated at the very least moved or at worse out of the club. It's very sad but I think that's the way it's going in certain parts of the ground now by the sound of it.

I moved from that area this season because I had the feeling that things were going to change for the worse.
I was in 207, row k, 150, which is about 10 seats away from the corporates.
Where is your seat?

supergrover said:
Blue Mooner said:
No smoke without fire imo, I'm sorry, but it's unlikely you were thrown out for expressing a few expletives.

For someone to bother making a complaint to the stewards (they're not listening in to 47,000 people) it had to be something pretty bad and very persistent.

There is always two sides to every story so I'm not going to extend my sympathies to someone who has been ejected from the ground and season card rescinded without hearing the other side. I don't for a minute think that the club or any steward would do that lightly (on the whole they are a good bunch trying to do a difficult job)

If you are one of these whingers who swears at your own players then I'm glad you got slung out, we could do with enforcing that policy a bit more in my view.

Completely understand you must be feeling pretty bad at the moment ( I know I would) but can't say I have any sympathy for you as I'm very dubious you have given an honest version of events. Not saying its not true just that I have to say I take it with a pinch of salt.

you sound like the very prick i'm talking about, you got your high vis on now at home?

Haha no, only when I go cycling.

Look the guy has had his season card taken off him and been ejected. Anyone who thinks that was simply for uttering a few swear words is naive in the extreme.

Not sure what the guy has done, but I'm pretty certain that this would not have been undertaken without good reason. I have more faith in the club than you do clearly.

This topic comes as no surprise. My cousin has previously received a ban from the club following the trip to Schalke. Unfortunately, he was on the coach to Sunderland where the entire coach was arrested and the majority were de-arrested. His problem was that he was one of the few who were charged.

One person was charged by the Police with being in possession of drugs, however the Club or Mr Fletcher to be precise did not see fit to take action against that individual. Lucky for him I'd say.

Getting back to my cousin, this has been rumbling on in the background since the Sunderland away game. My cousin has been told that he is banned and the club wanted to know where he would like his season ticket monies paid back to. My cousin who has had a season ticket for over 90% of his life and his father who has had a season ticket since around 1972 have sent letters and emails to Mr Fletcher who has taken an eternity to answer and has still not indicated if it is a lifetime ban, or whether he can be re-admitted after this season. It is not surprising that it takes an eternity to get a reply when there are so many people being thrown out of their seats for such offences as swearing.

My cousin accepts that he did wrong and has accepted a ban. However Mr Fletcher does not seem intent on clarifying the precise terms of the ban and its duration. However, if you are not happy with the stance that he has taken, who do you correspond with to get this issue resolved ?

Blue Mooner said:
supergrover said:

Look the guy has had his season card taken off him and been ejected. Anyone who thinks that was simply for uttering a few swear words is naive in the extreme.

Not sure what the guy has done, but I'm pretty certain that this would not have been undertaken without good reason. I havce more faith in the club that you do clearly.

no need to stick the boot in the guy, as for city i hear them blow their own trumpet about how much the fans mean to them but i'm sorry to say since wardle left i am losing count with the amount of incidents such as this, some seen with my own eyes.
If the guys is being honest who is to say i could not go to a steward make some shit up and get you kicked (not that i ever would fella, thats a sin) your right some of them are great stewards but then there is some who are still bitter about not getting in GMP.

If I was a steward at a football match and people expected me to eject supporters for swearing I'd think the lunatics had taken over the asylum.

Blue Mooner said:
supergrover said:

Not sure what the guy has done, but I'm pretty certain that this would not have been undertaken without good reason. I have more faith in the club than you do clearly.
I am telling you now hand on heart thats the truth, i am sat with my dad and grandad for god sake do you think anyone would stand up and swear constently if thats the case. I think i said to my dad toure is a lazy tw*t i would be suprised if any heard me. I also said boateng is crap which if it was for that is just wrong. I actually rate both players its just thing of the moment when your at the match.

Dave P said:
This topic comes as no surprise. My cousin has previously received a ban from the club following the trip to Schalke. Unfortunately, he was on the coach to Sunderland where the entire coach was arrested and the majority were de-arrested. His problem was that he was one of the few who were charged.

One person was charged by the Police with being in possession of drugs, however the Club or Mr Fletcher to be precise did not see fit to take action against that individual. Lucky for him I'd say.

Getting back to my cousin, this has been rumbling on in the background since the Sunderland away game. My cousin has been told that he is banned and the club wanted to know where he would like his season ticket monies paid back to. My cousin who has had a season ticket for over 90% of his life and his father who has had a season ticket since around 1972 have sent letters and emails to Mr Fletcher who has taken an eternity to answer and has still not indicated if it is a lifetime ban, or whether he can be re-admitted after this season. It is not surprising that it takes an eternity to get a reply when there are so many people being thrown out of their seats for such offences as swearing.

My cousin accepts that he did wrong and has accepted a ban. However Mr Fletcher does not seem intent on clarifying the precise terms of the ban and its duration. However, if you are not happy with the stance that he has taken, who do you correspond with to get this issue resolved ?

Can he not attend the matches anyway?

It must be pretty difficult to actually prevent someone from going to the game.

i think i swear about a 1000 times during every game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.