If twitcher

Didsbury Dave said:
Redknapps just won at the San siro. I 'submit' that only a clown would call him a poor manager
And we beat Chelsea how many times running? Over the course of the season both teams have been erratic. That is decidedly not "more than the sum of their parts." Both teams have the talent that if they play consistently at the level they should play should be challenging for the title. Neither are. They've played below their talent.

Marvin said:
dw7 said:
Was our manager we'd win near enough to everything
Knee-jerk reaction or what?

I thought City played well against Utd, and as for tonight Aris defended like mad at home on a poor surface so it wasn't easy. The test was Utd, and although we lost, the performance was good

As for Spurs, they lost control of the game in the 2nd half to an ageing team, and hit Milan with a sucker-punch.

They lost control a little bit by the awful antics of the italians at the begiining of the second half. . Besides they were the home side and were expected to step it up. Give them credit Spurs were magnificent tonight and totally deserved the win.

LoveCity said:
'arry bidded for Carroll, Aguero, Forlan, Negredo, Llorente, and Forlan in the window just passed at some reportedly crazy prices and not one of them ended up at Spurs. Spurs are like us, an underachieving medium sized club that potentially could be very big except where they are now may very well be their peak as they don't have the money to lure some of the very best to their club. Nor the manager - Mancini may be younger but has won Serie A and more players from outside of England would prefer to play for him than 'arry.

Redknapp realises he needs a 20 goal striker and was willing to pay big money, nothing wrong with that. Once they get that man they could probably go on and win the champs league and possibly the title next year. He might be bent but he's brilliant in the transfer market.

taconinja said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Redknapps just won at the San siro. I 'submit' that only a clown would call him a poor manager
And we beat Chelsea how many times running? Over the course of the season both teams have been erratic. That is decidedly not "more than the sum of their parts." Both teams have the talent that if they play consistently at the level they should play should be challenging for the title. Neither are. They've played below their talent.
What a load of rubbish.

Spurs were in the bottom 3 when redlnapp took over. Now they are in the champs league, progressing well, getting results against the big boys and doing well in the league.

You live in a blue tinted bobby loving world like half this forum

Didsbury Dave said:
What a load of rubbish.

Spurs were in the bottom 3 when redlnapp took over. Now they are in the champs league, progressing well, getting results against the big boys and doing well in the league.

Hardly. The point is that your metric for evaluation is subjective. Really, it's too subjective for my liking. Trophies and championships is what I measure managers by and so far both have an incomplete by my metric. We need to see what Mancini can do in his second year with his players, and we need to see if Tottenham can get the final piece or two they need (a striker really) to finally challenge for the title.

This has nothing to do with whether I like Mancini or not. Here's a hint: He's not my preferred manager.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
He has a bunch of players who want to play for spurs and play for him.

Ours just don't seem to have the same desire.

People are giving him more credit than he deserves, he has in my opinion one of the best starting 11's in Europe. He's just playing them the only way he knows with wingers in a simple 4-4-2.

I'd have any of these in a heartbeat

Dawson
King
Huddlestone
Modric
VDV
Bale
Lennon
Defoe

taconinja said:
Didsbury Dave said:
What a load of rubbish.

Hardly. The point is that your metric for evaluation is subjective. Really, it's too subjective for my liking. Trophies and championships is what I measure managers by and so far both have an incomplete by my metric. We need to see what Mancini can do in his second year with his players, and we need to see if Tottenham can get the final piece or two they need (a striker really) to finally challenge for the title.

This has nothing to do with whether I like Mancini or not. Here's a hint: He's not my preferred manager.
You are presenting spurs and city as equals. That's a misrepresentation of the highest order. I'll give you a little clue why: it begins with an m and ends with an oney.

Spurs want to get to that level where they are competing with utd and Chelsea . But without a new stadium and several champs
League qualifications , it's not possible without an insanely rich
Benefactor.

Didsbury Dave said:
taconinja said:

You are presenting spurs and city as equals. That's a misrepresentation of the highest order. I'll give you a little clue why: it begins with an m and ends with an oney.

Spurs want to get to that level where they are competing with utd and Chelsea . But without a new stadium and several champs
League qualifications , it's not possible without an insanely rich
Benefactor.

Their owner is worth 3 billion. He's got enough to splash when he needs to.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Lewis_(British_businessman)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.