If twitcher

redmizzle said:
dw7 said:
why please explain

Because unless you have a crystal ball or are a soothsayer of some sort you can't conclusively say he'd be doing a great job here. His trackrecord at winning titles, which is actually what we want to achieve, isn't anything special either but hey, Spurs have just beaten AC at the San Siro in a two legged tie so he's now the solution to all the imaginary problems in some fans' head.

dont forget he's brought spurs from the drop zone to champions league and doing well in the champions league with a fraction of the money city have spent its a lot more than tonights result i base my opinion on

ST Coleridge said:
Honestly and sincerely, no thanks.

They play it quick to the wings and look to get tons of crosses in. I'd rather have a possession-based game, even if it takes us a wee bit longer to perfect - that's always been a sign of the truly great sides.

We played fairly-Spursish under Hughes, with SWP and Bellamy on either wing and Adebayor & Tevez up front. It was shiiite and, like Spurs, we couldn't keep a hold of the ball for longer than two minutes. Admittedly, Spurs do it better.

Tonight: Spurs had an energetic first half, and then were totally dominated in the second. But for two good Gomes saves, Meelan would've had it sewn up.
They still won though (in the San Siro), while we scratched around for a draw at Aris Salonika. As for our preferred style of play taking a bit longer to perfect; fine. But just how long are we supposed to wait to be getting similar results to that Spurs one tonight (and against similar opposition)?

Ducado said:
redmizzle said:
Stupid thread.

I really don't know what gets into some posters, it appears if we don't leather every team it's all doom.

It really does make for painful reading thread after thread of the most awful crap dressed up as valid opinion, when most of it is just mind chatter.

Lets get this straight Rednap is a good manager, so is Bacon Face, and so is our manager, this is not some computer game, we are still a work in progress their have been so many changes over the last few years it's bound to take time for everything to click, a blind man can see the potential, people really need to be patient, we can't have it all now, the all will come in time!

I notice you say things like this a lot, a couple of times in response to something I have said. Someone said earlier, Shady I think, that this place provides the perfect platform for people to moan if they aren't happy, so that is what some do. Also, it isn't 'if we don't leather every team', its when we underperform. You have to be disappointed about tonight when you look at our game, then look at Spurs, it's hard not to be.

We know it is a work in process, but there are many occasions where you can't help but feel we could, and should have done better.

dancity19 said:
Ducado said:
I really don't know what gets into some posters, it appears if we don't leather every team it's all doom.

It really does make for painful reading thread after thread of the most awful crap dressed up as valid opinion, when most of it is just mind chatter.

Lets get this straight Rednap is a good manager, so is Bacon Face, and so is our manager, this is not some computer game, we are still a work in progress their have been so many changes over the last few years it's bound to take time for everything to click, a blind man can see the potential, people really need to be patient, we can't have it all now, the all will come in time!

I notice you say things like this a lot, a couple of times in response to something I have said. Someone said earlier, Shady I think, that this place provides the perfect platform for people to moan if they aren't happy, so that is what some do. Also, it isn't 'if we don't leather every team', its when we underperform. You have to be disappointed about tonight when you look at our game, then look at Spurs, it's hard not to be.

We know it is a work in process, but there are many occasions where you can't help but feel we could, and should have done better.

People keep saying "work in progress".

We are not making any progress this season!!!

remoh said:
dancity19 said:

People keep saying "work in progress".

We are not making any progress this season!!!

I only said this because I was 'quoting' someone else!! We have made progress in some areas, gone backwards in others.

dw7 said:
redmizzle said:
Because unless you have a crystal ball or are a soothsayer of some sort you can't conclusively say he'd be doing a great job here. His trackrecord at winning titles, which is actually what we want to achieve, isn't anything special either but hey, Spurs have just beaten AC at the San Siro in a two legged tie so he's now the solution to all the imaginary problems in some fans' head.

dont forget he's brought spurs from the drop zone to champions league and doing well in the champions league with a fraction of the money city have spent its a lot more than tonights result i base my opinion on

What position did that Spurs team finish in in the league the previous year?

How many years has he been a manager in English football?

What record does he have as a manager of building teams to last and winning titles?

Did Spurs get ripped off in the transfer market because the whole world knows their owner is super rich?

How long had the core of that team been playing together when he took over?

Does he have the right image as a manager to represent Manchester City?

What position are Spurs currently in in the league?

Don't even know why i'm bothering.

redmizzle said:
dw7 said:

What position did that Spurs team finish in in the league the previous year?

How many years has he been a manager in English football?

What record does he have as a manager of building teams to last and winning titles?

Did Spurs get ripped off in the transfer market because the whole world knows their owner is super rich?

How long had the core of that team been playing together when he took over?

Does he have the right image as a manager to represent Manchester City?

What position are Spurs currently in in the league?

Don't even know why i'm bothering.

This - and you forgot to mention he's a slimey git who makes your skin crawl

Would Silva Yaya etc come if he was manager (why do you think he signed Piennar) he only has the pull for English based players. Before any one mentions VDV - he was handed to them as RM did not see them as viable competition.

first off they got into the champions league this season and what top quality players did he attract? have they improved on last season? is there gung ho style football gonna cost them dear when they get knocked out of the cl and finish below us this season? do they have a top class squad for the future?......STILL want twitcher? GET BEHIND YOUR OWN MANAGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.