If we could win the league this season

Liverpool are strong favourites for me right now. They are making a habit of winning. It would be churlish of me to suggest that they have VAR on their side and refs allow them to play with a physicality few other teams get away with - all of which I think is true - but they have a very good team and effective way of playing.

If we were to win it from here it would be an incredible achievement but one you can't divorce from the previous two. That we aren't talked about with the same kind of reverence as the arsenal invincibles, uniteds treble winning team or even mourinhos Chelsea when we have completely dominated domestic football with an unmatched style and elegance for two seasons is shameful.

Never going to happen as Mike (I’m a useless twat) Riley and the blind fuckers that operates VAR will do everything they can to help those benefit scrounging shell suit wearing inbred scouse motherfuckers win the PL

Liverpool are strong favourites for me right now. They are making a habit of winning. It would be churlish of me to suggest that they have VAR on their side and refs allow them to play with a physicality few other teams get away with - all of which I think is true - but they have a very good team and effective way of playing.

If we were to win it from here it would be an incredible achievement but one you can't divorce from the previous two. That we aren't talked about with the same kind of reverence as the arsenal invincibles, uniteds treble winning team or even mourinhos Chelsea when we have completely dominated domestic football with an unmatched style and elegance for two seasons is shameful.

I agree with your final paragraph. The fact that we are the only club to have won the English domestic treble (+ the CS) appears to have been airbrushed from history already.
As you say, it's shameful - imagine how much it would have been rammed down everyone's throats if it had been the Rags or Dippers ?

It’s not about how many injuries we have got the problems have come from just one player being out and that’s the concern. When kdb went down last season we had a stacked midfield so it didn’t really matter but if ferdy would have gone down for half a season we would have struggled. Sane went down but we can manage but when Laporte got injured that was us fucked because we naively thought we could get by without buying a centre half .
On top of Kompany going as well. Dropped bollock by City.

Yes it tops it if we do it by winning the last 15 league games on the bounce with the soon to be European Champions breathing down our neck the whole way and we retain both domestic cups.

Winning the league after being a few points behind in November and having a centre half and a winger injured for a while and getting one or two dodgy decisions would be great but in no way would it compare to the unbelievable brilliance of the last few months of last season

I said it in a different thread, it might top 93:20 for me. We've got VAR & dogshit refs literally handing points to the opposition while our lads drop like flies, the odds against us are unbelievable.

I'll never say never, these lads are made of sterner stuff. Scousers will creak sooner or later.

Imagine how Liverpool fans would react if they lost it again. I would happily just win the league this season. Can’t see it happening though, Liverpool have the perfect combination of playing well and luck and when that fails they have two referees gifting them decision. It’s hard to beat that combo and not win in.

Yes it tops it if we do it by winning the last 15 league games on the bounce with the soon to be European Champions breathing down our neck the whole way and we retain both domestic cups.

Winning the league after being a few points behind in November and having a centre half and a winger injured for a while and getting one or two dodgy decisions would be great but in no way would it compare to the unbelievable brilliance of the last few months of last season

Agree. If we gain just 2 points over Liverpool in the next 6 games, then the situation is similar as last season. We've seen VAR favouring Liverpool this season, last season it was the blind linesmen doing the same. Which is the better season depends on how the league is won. Claiming this would be better already is kind of downplaying the achievements and efforts of last season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.