If we get to either final are you going ?

Haven't been to european game before, but if we got to Istanbul (which I think there is at least 60-70% chance we will so I am planning it) I would want to go.

Does anyone have any tips on how to do it best? I don't think I can get tickets beforehand as I only would go Istanbul for the game, so if we don't get there, I guess plane tickets aren't refundable.

So I think it might have to wait until we qualify but how much will plane tickets be then? Very expensive I imagine.

Just any advice would be helpful :)

I wish! Not a season ticket holder at the moment so no chance unless some wonderful person on here becomes a hero with a spare ;)

Haven't been to european game before, but if we got to Istanbul (which I think there is at least 60-70% chance we will so I am planning it) I would want to go.

Does anyone have any tips on how to do it best? I don't think I can get tickets beforehand as I only would go Istanbul for the game, so if we don't get there, I guess plane tickets aren't refundable.

So I think it might have to wait until we qualify but how much will plane tickets be then? Very expensive I imagine.

Just any advice would be helpful :)
Direct flights from Manchester are already £800+ and will only go up. Club or spike may put on flights if they can get the planes with it being summer season by time of game. Best option would be to fly via Germany as plenty of flights from there to Istanbul. Hotels are relatively inexpensive, at least at the moment, but you need to research where they are as could be on the other side of the bosphorus. Bear in mind game will not finish until after midnight and stadium in the middle of nowhere, about 25km outside city centre,so getting away after the game could be seriously tricky (uefa couldn't have picked a worse situated stadium). Think we are all going to need a lot of luck for this one!!

Direct flights from Manchester are already £800+ and will only go up. Club or spike may put on flights if they can get the planes with it being summer season by time of game. Best option would be to fly via Germany as plenty of flights from there to Istanbul. Hotels are relatively inexpensive, at least at the moment, but you need to research where they are as could be on the other side of the bosphorus. Bear in mind game will not finish until after midnight and stadium in the middle of nowhere, about 25km outside city centre,so getting away after the game could be seriously tricky (uefa couldn't have picked a worse situated stadium). Think we are all going to need a lot of luck for this one!!
25km. That's the next town. No point staying over the night of the match then.

That's only half an hour outside the city. The Etihad is only a couple of miles out of Manchester but takes longer than that after a game!

I'd love to go, but can't see how I'll get sign off from the Mrs to go and spend that much money on it. Had Paris pre-booked with cancellation, but this one will be a bit different as she's always wanted to go. Might be one of those where the inlaws gear up for some babysitting early and I plant the seed of a weekend away! Book it all on credit card so she never sees the true impact. For superstitious reasons, I'm not pre-booking anything this time!

That's only half an hour outside the city. The Etihad is only a couple of miles out of Manchester but takes longer than that after a game!

I'd love to go, but can't see how I'll get sign off from the Mrs to go and spend that much money on it. Had Paris pre-booked with cancellation, but this one will be a bit different as she's always wanted to go. Might be one of those where the inlaws gear up for some babysitting early and I plant the seed of a weekend away! Book it all on credit card so she never sees the true impact. For superstitious reasons, I'm not pre-booking anything this time!
It's really not half hour, more like an hour and a half to two hours or more if staying on Asian side of the city.

Will be going to the FA Cup final if I get a ticket and will be going to Istanbul whether I have a ticker or not. I only have a matchday membership but I can hope and pray.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.