IF we get to the final how would you distribute the tickets?

Billy Spurdle said:
In exactly the same way - based on a supporter's commitment to attend matches.

-Seasoncard holders have shown more commitment than non-s/c holders.
-Current members of the Cup Scheme have shown more commitment than non- members.

The club are quite rightly giving these supporters priority. That's just my opinion.
Agreed. Worked for me on the semi so see no need to change it. As far as I'm concerned those who committed to the cup scheme should be at the front of the queue (that's because I'm in the cup scheme). It's all about the club giving something back to those who they knew they could depend on. There's been too much spouting off on here about the cup scheme from those who say they went to every cup tie but didn't join the scheme. Sorry, but you should have joined then the club would have known they could rely on your support.

Here goes...

I've had a CityCard or purchased individual match tickets since we moved to CoMS. Before that my Dad used to take me when he could to Maine Road but that wasn't often as he worked away and was heavily involved in football elsewhere.
So when I was able to stand on my own two feet any money I earnt would be spent watching City with my mates. It was only until three seasons ago that I was able to get a Seasoncard, due to a change in committments at work and with family. Since I first got that seasoncard I have always been in the Cup Scheme and set myself a goal of attending at least 5 aways a season, which I have, this season I've been to a heck of a lot more (only United and Chelsea away not been) because again of work and family committments allowing me to do so.

What I don't appreciate and what really fucking grates me is all these people saying they deserve a ticket for the Semi Final over people who have supported City since before I was a tadpole swimming up a fallopian tube.
I don't profess to be a hardcore City fan, I don't profess to be a true blue. I am a City fan, the same as any jonny come lately and the same as someone with white hair in their ears.
At the moment I am in a great position where I can dedicate my financial income to watching City wherever they may be and where I choose to watch them.

Just because I have a seasoncard and I am a member of the Cup Scheme (and have attended all FA Cup games) this season doesn't mean it is right that I should have the same priority as someone who has over double the loyalty points I do. There I said it.
I sit behind a guy who has been everywhere with City, home and away for years. Why should I, someone who has only been a seasoncard holder for three years have the same priority as a guy who watched us at Wembley nearly 20 years before I was born?

It stinks. I don't like how the club have gone about it and I was one of the lucky ones who benefited from their crackpot decision. I'll still be in the Cup Scheme next season as it is cost productive for me to do so, but for future reference I think the club should do any Semi Final or Final on loyalty points alone, as that is what should be rewarded. Loyalty. Over the years. Not loyalty for midweek games in one season.

It's a complete travesty I have already got my ticket for the Semi and a smack in the face to the people like the guy who sits in front of me.

flipmode said:
Here goes...

I've had a CityCard or purchased individual match tickets since we moved to CoMS. Before that my Dad used to take me when he could to Maine Road but that wasn't often as he worked away and was heavily involved in football elsewhere.
So when I was able to stand on my own two feet any money I earnt would be spent watching City with my mates. It was only until three seasons ago that I was able to get a Seasoncard, due to a change in committments at work and with family. Since I first got that seasoncard I have always been in the Cup Scheme and set myself a goal of attending at least 5 aways a season, which I have, this season I've been to a heck of a lot more (only United and Chelsea away not been) because again of work and family committments allowing me to do so.

What I don't appreciate and what really fucking grates me is all these people saying they deserve a ticket for the Semi Final over people who have supported City since before I was a tadpole swimming up a fallopian tube.
I don't profess to be a hardcore City fan, I don't profess to be a true blue. I am a City fan, the same as any jonny come lately and the same as someone with white hair in their ears.
At the moment I am in a great position where I can dedicate my financial income to watching City wherever they may be and where I choose to watch them.

Just because I have a seasoncard and I am a member of the Cup Scheme (and have attended all FA Cup games) this season doesn't mean it is right that I should have the same priority as someone who has over double the loyalty points I do. There I said it.
I sit behind a guy who has been everywhere with City, home and away for years. Why should I, someone who has only been a seasoncard holder for three years have the same priority as a guy who watched us at Wembley nearly 20 years before I was born?

It stinks. I don't like how the club have gone about it and I was one of the lucky ones who benefited from their crackpot decision. I'll still be in the Cup Scheme next season as it is cost productive for me to do so, but for future reference I think the club should do any Semi Final or Final on loyalty points alone, as that is what should be rewarded. Loyalty. Over the years. Not loyalty for midweek games in one season.

It's a complete travesty I have already got my ticket for the Semi and a smack in the face to the people like the guy who sits in front of me.

I agree in principle to what you are saying BUT when people sign up to the cup scheme they are practically buying a cup season ticket and without knowing how much its going to cost. It doesn't matter to me personally as I have the points and I'm in the cup scheme but as the semi-final is a cup game then surely the people who have been to/or paid for the cup games (9 in total IIRC) deserve first dabs on the semi tickets, now if this game that we all want to go to was Bolton away in May then it should simply go on SC holders with the most points first.<br /><br />-- Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:21 am --<br /><br />
Uwes Grandad said:
The club missed a trick for the semi IMO by only including those in the CDS rather than those who have bought FA Cup tickets on a match by match basis. Therefore, next season before the first ball is kicked the club need to clarify exactly what will happen if we find ourselves in the same position again. FA Cup / Carling Cup / Europa League / Champions League to be treated differently from Premier League games insomuch as those supporters that have attended all the Cup games (home and away) get preference for semi final and final tickets. The loyalty points scheme will continue for Premier League away games. As long as the rules are known at the start of the season, there can be no complaints. As it is, it will probably be another 30 years until we get to a semi final so the main talking point will once again be the loyalty points system for United away.

I've had this argument with my dad, he's not in the CDS but has been to 7 of the 9 cup games at home, but its completely unworkable, if they did this then it would be so MrX went to all nine so he can get a ticket on Monday between 9-12 and Mr Y has been to 8 so he can come for his between 12-3. You sign up to the CDS and say I'm going to attend all the games, the way City have done it is right and this will encourage people to sign up to the CDS next season and hopefully this will stop us getting so many piss-poor attendances in the cup.

danny123 said:
Due to the stupidity of the semi-final ticket details, would expect something stupid for the final!

But should go down to loyalty points (not just seasoncard holders) because there are some fans who have had a season ticket for years but couldn't afford to renew this year so have 4500+ on a city card yet they hardly have a chance for a semi-final ticket!

This gives fuckers two chances of a final ticket - one when they should have renewed and didn't, an' now a second bite at the blue cherry 'cos they didn't renew an' shudder done!

Gingers Dad said:
Billy Spurdle said:

-Current members of the Cup Scheme have shown more commitment than non- members.

The club are quite rightly giving these supporters priority. That's just my opinion.
Agreed. Worked for me on the semi so see no need to change it. As far as I'm concerned those who committed to the cup scheme should be at the front of the queue (that's because I'm in the cup scheme). It's all about the club giving something back to those who they knew they could depend on. There's been too much spouting off on here about the cup scheme from those who say they went to every cup tie but didn't join the scheme. Sorry, but you should have joined then the club would have known they could rely on your support.

Are you saying that anyone who has bought a season card for let's say the last five years, hasn't shown the club their support?

Personally, I think everyone should wear huge cardboard glasses and 25,000 times a camera should whizz around the stadium picking out fans until all the tickets have been allocated.

Loyalty points are loyalty points, it does not matter if they are on a Season Card, a City Card or an Access Card. They reward you for being loyal. The more points you have, then the more games you have attended. I have had a season ticket for about 5 of the last 7 years, this year i had to give it up. I got an Access card and i now have 2400 points on it. Someone who bought a season ticket this season will on the current format, be offered a ticket at the semi before me. Does this mean they are a bigger and more "loyal" fan than me, does it bollocks. it proves they are probably jumping on the city bandwagon now we are on the up.

So, for the final, it should go to the people with the highest loyalty points, and work there way down. It shouldnt matter what card type you have.

Billy Spurdle said:

Spot on my friend, rewarding the clubs most loyal supporters has been a great idea, and should be repeated for the final allocation.

The Pink Panther said:
Gingers Dad said:

Are you saying that anyone who has bought a season card for let's say the last five years, hasn't shown the club their support?

Personally, I think everyone should wear huge cardboard glasses and 25,000 times a camera should whizz around the stadium picking out fans until all the tickets have been allocated.

No, I'm saying there has to be a pecking order and this is a good one. Same as Season Cards are ahead of City Cards.

Gingers Dad said:
The Pink Panther said:

No, I'm saying there has to be a pecking order and this is a good one. Same as Season Cards are ahead of City Cards.

But you're saying that someone with a season card for only this season and is in the CDS, should be entitled to an FA Cup final ticket before a supporter who's held one for five years or more

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.