If we sign 1 player in Jan, what position would you go for?

DickieH said:
I remember when Thaksin took over, one of the first names we were linked with and apparently came close to signing was Chiellini.. possibility as Juventus aren't exactly a force at the moment?

They're the last unbeaten side in major European leagues now and look to be coming good again, top of Serie A and heading back to the Champions League.

DickieH said:
I remember when Thaksin took over, one of the first names we were linked with and apparently came close to signing was Chiellini.. possibility as Juventus aren't exactly a force at the moment?
What on earth are you talking about? Juventus are top of their league. My guess is that we don't sign anybody in the January window.

Our biggest problem is we have no width, this is supposed to come from the fullbacks but as we have seen sometimes it just doesn't work. We need a flying out and out winger, this would give us more options to change a game where we currently can't get in behind the oppositions fullbacks. Sanchez was the man for this but we didn't get him. Hazard is my first choice, then Lavezzi and then Reus. With Yaya off soon we will soon have another problem unless Nasri can play that role! Therefore, De Rossi is the man as his replacement or Javi Martinez. Can't see us getting any of the wingers mentioned before summer so by default De Rossi looks like our only buy this Jan with as much deadwood sold as possible. By the start of next season I think we will have 3 in and all deadwood gone. A. Yaya clone, winger and a CB

Steely Central Defender with a decent head on him, please.

We have GazBaz, Hargreaves and NDJ for the defensive midfield positions, and I would play Jimmy Milner in the Yaya role, as he will actually defend when he loses the ball!!

Worried about CB, more about cover than replacing Vinnie and Lescott.

I do think whilst we could strengthen a few areas, our record this season shows we don't NEED anyone - W12 D2 L1 in PL.

I'd go for Chivu cheap in January for 2-3 years so we don't screw up development of Boyata & Savic.

Incoming in summer - Di Rossi (on a free), flying winger, 4th striker, veteran keeper - sorted for the next 6/7 years apart from replacing transfers out.

Outgoing in summer (if not sold in January window) - Tevez, Adebayor, Nedum (unhappy face), Bridge, RSC, Kolo?, Hargreaves, Weiss, Johnson (M)? Maybe a few to go on loan, we'll be lucky to sell RSC, Bridge etc.

Squad after summer (24) - Hart, Panti, Vet Keeper, Richards, Zabba, VK, Lescott, Chivu, Savic, Boyata, Clichy, Kolarov, Barry, NDJ, Yaya, Di Rossi, Milner, Nasri, Silva, new winger, Aguero, Balotelli, Dzeko, 4th striker - maybe keep one of Weiss, MJ, Ned as academy trained to take it to 25 registered?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.