If we sign nobody else at all... can we all just agree?

Not really arsed about 1 goal against Newcastle, who I couldn't give a toss about. I want City players who play for City. He's a serial injury case, and that's my main problem with him, its not just with us, its every team he's played at recently. I will admit I also don't like the guy much either, but he's a blue just now so I'll support him (don't expect me to sing his name) if and when he's on the pitch.

AustinBlue said:
cleavers said:
AustinBlue said:
What was ambiguous about "way too early to make that evaluation?"

Nothing, but we had him for 1/2 a season, and he played less than 1/2 of that, and if you check recent seasons that pattern repeats regularly.

Good player when fit, but there is the key "when fit". Poor signing for me.

He may end up being bad value - but Newcastle would be still up if he hadn't played and scored a cracking goal. You have to admit, that's worth a lot in itself.

So he was worth a lot of his £14mill cos Newcastle went down... What a crock of shit, who gives 2 fucks about Newcastle,, this is a City forum....

cleavers said:
Not really arsed about 1 goal against Newcastle, who I couldn't give a toss about. I want City players who play for City. He's a serial injury case, and that's my main problem with him, its not just with us, its every team he's played at recently. I will admit I also don't like the guy much either, but he's a blue just now so I'll support him (don't expect me to sing his name) if and when he's on the pitch.

Cleavers,, are you me ?

mancity5 said:
AustinBlue said:
cleavers said:
AustinBlue said:
What was ambiguous about "way too early to make that evaluation?"

Nothing, but we had him for 1/2 a season, and he played less than 1/2 of that, and if you check recent seasons that pattern repeats regularly.

Good player when fit, but there is the key "when fit". Poor signing for me.

He may end up being bad value - but Newcastle would be still up if he hadn't played and scored a cracking goal. You have to admit, that's worth a lot in itself.

So he was worth a lot of his £14mill cos Newcastle went down... What a crock of shit, who gives 2 fucks about Newcastle,, this is a City forum....

In a City forum, we can't feel somewhat tribal about City? If the scum went down, we wouldn't celebrate the goals and players that sent them down if we contributed? My argument is that Newcastle would think that Bellamy was a very costly addition to our team. Your argument that in a City forum we don't care about another team makes no sense. He is worth a lot because when he's on the pitch, he scores. He has electric pace, makes his own space, and hits the target with power. When we get to look back after he leaves us, we'll know if he was on the pitch often enough to merit his £10 mill or so. And even if you take Bellamy out of the mix, my point that this is the best City front line ever still holds. Even if we just had Robbie, Caicedo, RSC, Boj, Evans, (possibly Benji) it would still be our best front line. Add Bellamy for even half the games next season, and it just furthers my point.

mancity5 said:
cleavers said:

Cleavers,, are you me ?

No, you are him so get a grip.

Pam said:
mancity5 said:
cleavers said:

Cleavers,, are you me ?

No, you are him so get a grip.

lol,, think im too pissed too really understand what i meant,, never mind what you meant !!!

I'd say i'm very happy also with the current squad also. However, if we get another proven CB and Striker then it will give us a greater chance of qualifying for Europe and perhaps winning some silverware. If we've come this far with the squad then we might as well try and get those one or two other players to give us the best realistic chance.

But i do agree with what you say, its a great time to be a city fan.

CTID

I'm happy with the squad apart from one area.The defence and upfront.That's two.Damn.I'll start again...

I'm happy with the squad apart from two areas.The defence and upfront.
In defence we shipped a load of goals last season and although Shay made a big difference we need a decent addition or two to shore it up.

Upfront,if Robbie didn't play well then we didn't score.Buying RSC was a good move but we do need more cover.Tevez would be good.We spent a lot of time last season trying to walk to ball into the net.We need forwards with an eye for goal.

Its nice to see a positive outlook and a level view on our progress but you're talking nonsense about our defence, there's a lot of good things about our team, but our defense is not one of them. We leaked soft goals all season, and to some pretty poor teams at that. Richards and Onouha are great prospects, but far from the finished product, the recent U21's was proof of that- they lost a 3-0 lead and then lost 4-0, these are not scorelines of top central defenders.....

If we had a good defense buying CBs wouldn't be one of our top priorities.

Micah Richards - who I will never forget for shutting down Man U the year before last, and who may have as much upside talent as any defender in the world. Onuha - . Bridge. Our stalwart, Dunne. Mr Smooth - Zabaleta. That's a really good back line.

Im a few players short of being happy with the current squad and will be p*ssed off if the right areas are not addressed initially in this transfer window.

I will start the new season with an open mind regardless of who we have in our squad and will support them with body and soul like i have done for 39 years. I never abuse or boo City players or staff during a game and only ever give them encouragement on Matchdays. But this forum is where i tell it like it is for me. And if we are are getting the results that our resources now dictate i will be turning somersaults all day long and everyone will know about it.

But i expect us to be finishing 5th/6th as an absolute minimum and if we get the main 3 or 4 players we are currently linked with i will be looking for 4th place upwards. We have had 12 months to prepare and all the rsources a manager could ever dream of.............. its then time to deliver.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.