If we went out at the group stage.

We'll be fine.

Even if we get beat in Munich we then have the double header with Villareal whilst Bayern have their's with Napoli.

After 4 games are done we will then know what we have to do with regards Napoli away and Bayern home.

No flapping required as of yet.

larderland said:
peoffrey said:
A Barry mistake allowed Napoli to score so it's lessons to be learned for Villarreal.

they had at least 2 very very very good chances,it wasnt a hit and run,they dominated it second half and only for kompanys heroics it would have been 2

Give over. We had by far and away the better chances. Hit the bar twice, Dzeko two great chances. Lots of one-twos and little final balls that just didn't quite come off.

They broke at us twice and scored once. And there won't be many days where Silva, Aguaro and Nasri play as poorly. The only lessons to be learnt on Weds were that Zab and Kolorov shouldnt have started, and some poor decision making with regards to substitutes.

Didsbury Dave said:
larderland said:
peoffrey said:
A Barry mistake allowed Napoli to score so it's lessons to be learned for Villarreal.

they had at least 2 very very very good chances,it wasnt a hit and run,they dominated it second half and only for kompanys heroics it would have been 2

Give over. We had by far and away the better chances. Hit the bar twice, Dzeko two great chances. Lots of one-twos and little final balls that just didn't quite come off.

They broke at us twice and scored once. And there won't be many days where Silva, Aguaro and Nasri play as poorly. The only lessons to be learnt on Weds were that Zab and Kolorov shouldnt have started, and some poor decision making with regards to substitutes.

Take note Roberto. You have been warned.

I think it would be 'a shame', but wouldn't be too down beat. The main thing for me is that we get in the CL again this year.

The more we play in the CL, the better we will be in it. By the end of the group stage, I think we will be playing better stuff/look more convincing.

robbieh said:
Didsbury Dave said:
larderland said:

Take note Roberto. You have been warned.

but Dave is correct imo....

In all honesty, i think we'll lose at The Allianz. But when the chips are down, this team normally delivers. We'll then beat Villareal home and away, get a point in Naples and then beat Bayern at home in a tense grand finale, finishing 2nd on 11 points.

Clubber said:
I think it would be 'a shame', but wouldn't be too down beat. The main thing for me is that we get in the CL again this year.

The more we play in the CL, the better we will be in it. By the end of the group stage, I think we will be playing better stuff/look more convincing.

This is a bit negative for me. We're challenging for the title, not top 4.

Didsbury Dave said:
larderland said:
peoffrey said:

Maybe Bob thought that Zabs and Kolarov were better suited to an Italian team especially with kolarovs knowledge of Italian football and Zabs coming from a spanish side....Or maybe he was just doing the rotation thing..

Didsbury Dave said:
larderland said:
peoffrey said:

I though Kolarov played ok, his setpieces were better than anyone elses and he was quite solid at the back. The goal he was caught out like the rest by a mistake.

Clichy did look good when he came on, but I wouldn't say Kolarov was poor by any strech of the imagination.<br /><br />-- Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:01 pm --<br /><br />
Paylor_Shade_Of_Blue said:
Clubber said:

Possibly, but this is the first time we will be putting a strong team out on a European front, as for most of the Europa, we could (No disrespect), put out a slightly weaker side than the league.

After all 6 CL games, we have away fixtures (Suprisingly United have all home ones). Our first year properly on a big Euro stage, I'm am happy just too be there, and would like to take in the experience than rather worry about whether we will finish in the knock outs or the league. If we get futher than the league, then great, but if not, i won't be losing any sleep.

Paylor_Shade_Of_Blue said:
Clubber said:

Of course we are. 3rd or 4th would not be good enough.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.