IF we win against wolves

NICKS BACK said:
We will never have a better chance of winning the title. We cannot really speculate how the opposition will fare next year, don't forget Spurs think this title race is winnable.

The Arsenal are lightweight, United are in transition, Chelsea are in freefall. Liverpool, Everton and Villa have lost the plot.

Supporter for 42 years, I expect us to be stronger and more cohesive from now on. FUCK top four, win the title.
If Chelsea beat Blackburn at the weekend they will have stabilised their situation. Once confidence returns they are capable of wining 10 on the bounce. Not sure anyone else is.

I hope Spurs v Utd is a draw.

Sleeping_Easy said:
Then we sit top of the premier league for the night but more importantly the game the next day can lead to one of two favourable outcomes for city and one thats not as great but still a good point.

1. United win - tottenham sit 9 points behind us and surely then our top four spot is confirmed pretty much. (i already think it is)

2. Spurs win - We sit top of the premier league for the week and we'd have to be taken seriously as title contenders by those that arn't already

or last and not as good as the other two

3. Draw - We sit joint top of the table behind only on goal difference and 8 points clear of tottenham.

Which option would you pick???
Secure Champions League qualification should be the priority, for our financial sake we really need it. I think we are over-stretching ourself by aiming for the title - I don't want to crash and burn while looking up to 1st and slip into 5th as I think Spurs and Chelsea will consistently be there.

Realistically, we should aim to win the Europa League or FA Cup - then we have the mentality of winners and can challenge properly for the league next season.

ste.sully said:
Sleeping_Easy said:
Then we sit top of the premier league for the night but more importantly the game the next day can lead to one of two favourable outcomes for city and one thats not as great but still a good point.

1. United win - tottenham sit 9 points behind us and surely then our top four spot is confirmed pretty much. (i already think it is)

2. Spurs win - We sit top of the premier league for the week and we'd have to be taken seriously as title contenders by those that arn't already

or last and not as good as the other two

3. Draw - We sit joint top of the table behind only on goal difference and 8 points clear of tottenham.

Which option would you pick???
Secure Champions League qualification should be the priority, for our financial sake we really need it. I think we are over-stretching ourself by aiming for the title - I don't want to crash and burn while looking up to 1st and slip into 5th as I think Spurs and Chelsea will consistently be there.

Realistically, we should aim to win the Europa League or FA Cup - then we have the mentality of winners and can challenge properly for the league next season.

I've often wondered what is meant by this?

Does it mean players goout and ut in less effort in games they are expected to or it is no suprise if they do lose?

I now expect City to approach every game as if they can win it and to put in a full shift. Not sure how by doing this they are at risk of crashing and burning...

Not being argumentative just a genuine question.

IF we win then Spurs to win but if we lose/draw which is more likely knowing us, id like a United victory so Spurs dont gain on us.

Bagfull of goals on Saturday for us, draw for the Sunday game and the decisive game being Rags away. Goals Goals Goals from now on.

I will be willing Spurs to win by as many goals as possible. This is the way I feel when I watch united against anyone - I can't help it, it's like an inbuilt hatred.

I want their fans to be humiliated like I was in the 90s over and over again.

Dax777 said:
If we win, then United losing is what I want. I think we will be in the top 4 no matter what. So really I am only looking at the possibility of pipping United to the trophy.

And since the small clubs have all gotten together and sworn allegiance to spreading their legs whenever the rags show up, one can only hope an ambitious team like Tot beats them.

I mean how can such a weak United team be undefeated this late into the season? :(
i hardley think the scum are weak, and we didnt beat them did we, those bastards may not be as spectacular as in previous seasons but they are still very hard to break down .but lets hope they will start to lose and stutter like chelski have done and if we can keep winning then maybe, just maybe we will have a chance of being top or very close come may

Gelsons Dad said:
For the last time!

Mathematically the best result for us when any of the other top teams play each other is for them to draw. By top team I mean any that could possibly challenge for 4th or higher so I would say thats the top half of the table still. As the season goes on that will reduce to be the top 6 then 4. When it gets to only 4 teams able to win then we need whoever is top to loose. At the same time we of course have to keep wining.

Any other results are not mathematically advantageous to us no mater what your gut instinct may tell you.

There is the complicating factor that whilst the the other teams remain in the CL we need to taget top 3 rather than top 4

scorer said:
ste.sully said:

I've often wondered what is meant by this?

Does it mean players goout and ut in less effort in games they are expected to or it is no suprise if they do lose?

I now expect City to approach every game as if they can win it and to put in a full shift. Not sure how by doing this they are at risk of crashing and burning...

Not being argumentative just a genuine question.

You would always expect us to put in a full shift but sometimes pressure affects performance.

We would get an enormous confidence boost if we could ensure CL qualification well before the end of the season. A lot of pressure would be removed, which would probably improve our performances and we could have a real tilt at the title.

If we get to April and all 5 teams are in contention for the title, and hence at risk of finishing outside a CL spot, the pressure will be immense. The quality of football will probably be awful, the title winners and CL qualifiers will be those with the most experience of dealing with pressure.

For me our best scenario is for the current top 3 to open a gap between 3rd and 4th place. Secure CL qualification and then chase the title.

Spurs to not win on Sunday.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.