IF we win against wolves

Spurs win, has to be (much as it pains me to want them to win anything). Barring a disastrous second half of the season, top four spot looks pretty secure already. Having done so well to get ourselves into this position, we should now be going full tilt for the title, I think - the race is still wide open, and players/squad-wise we are more than good enough.

i'd be happy for them to draw but a spurs win would be good too, keeps united on their toes & hopefully shrek has a stinking game! i still think we'll come second, would be gutted if we lost 1st on goal difference!

Not sure if this has been said, but it's massive complacency to think a 9 point lead over 5th place now is enough to guarantee a 4th place spot at the end.

Is it conceivable we could drop unexpected points over the next 18 games? Of course it is. Is it possible Spurs could win where we might not expect them to? Yes. Is it possible they might beat us at home? Yes.

9 points ahead at this stage would be nice, but let's not for one moment think that means 4th is "in the bag".

Chippy_boy said:
Not sure if this has been said, but it's massive complacency to think a 9 point lead over 5th place now is enough to guarantee a 4th place spot at the end.

Is it conceivable we could drop unexpected points over the next 18 games? Of course it is. Is it possible Spurs could win where we might not expect them to? Yes. Is it possible they might beat us at home? Yes.

9 points ahead at this stage would be nice, but let's not for one moment think that means 4th is "in the bag".

Is it equally conceivable Spurs could drop unexpected points over the next 18 games? Is it possible we might win where others might not expect us to? Is it possible we might beat them at home?

YES

Fucking small time mentality

tonea2003 said:
the only result that really concerns me is ours. as long as we win the rest will take care of itself.

If there was ever a poetic quote which summed up the potential simplicity of football, that is it.

Although, I recall a youth team coach once telling me as a former youth team player, 'if we play well, each of you get the better of your individual opponent, then the result will take care of itself'. I never forgot that. Simply because it was the biggest load of shit to have ever been spouted in football.

gio's side step said:
tonea2003 said:
the only result that really concerns me is ours. as long as we win the rest will take care of itself.

If there was ever a poetic quote which summed up the potential simplicity of football, that is it.

Although, I recall a youth team coach once telling me as a former youth team player, 'if we play well, each of you get the better of your individual opponent, then the result will take care of itself'. I never forgot that. Simply because it was the biggest load of shit to have ever been spouted in football.

and i say bollocks, we can only affect the result of our own games and winning will give us the best chance. the other games will be what they will be.
that is taking care of itself.

I'd go for a spurs win.

Yes spurs are top 4 competition, but lets worry about that if our title challenge fades a bit. At the minute we are in the title race so we should want teams that are also in the race to drop points. You could argue spurs are still in it, but they are erratic away from home and the champions league campaign may put paid to any slight chance they may have.

Also, I would like a Spurs win just so that the rags have a loss on their record. 20 games in without a loss is impressive and defending that record also is giving them a bit extra in my opinion. Of course if they are losing a game they are going to keep until the last minute, but they might get another 1 or 2% trying to keep the 0 in the defeats column. If you get rid of that zero then it might start a few of their stuffy draws turning into defeats. Look at Chelsea, they were flying and now their season has come down like a pack of cards.

gio's side step said:
Is it equally conceivable Spurs could drop unexpected points over the next 18 games? Is it possible we might win where others might not expect us to? Is it possible we might beat them at home?
YES Fucking small time mentality
No need to use abusive language, especially when it's coming from a such a narrow-minded muppet as yourself. The point he was trying to make is simply that City cannot be automatically guaranteed a top four place at this early stage of the season. Anything can happen between now and May...and probably will. There is nothing small-time minded about being realistic.

Just realised this thread is 6 pages in and i still havn't given my opinion after starting the thread.

Well i'd prefer a spurs win to kill the rags momentum. Also i want us to challenge for the league now not next year now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.