IF Yaya was to go

Status
Not open for further replies.
LoveCity said:
I would not mess around replacing Yaya. Certainly no high cost + high risk investment like Barkley who cannot come close to dictating a game like Yaya can. If we don't replace Yaya properly, our possession game could suffer and we could lose the control we have over most games.

But what would we be looking for? My dream signing for City has been Vidal for a long time, but I don't think he'd be what City would look for because he isn't the passer that Yaya is and we'd probably want a great and persistent passer of the ball with good vision. The player who receives the ball constantly and is moving it around. For that reason, trying to tempt Bayern with a mega-offer for Kroos would be a good idea, but I'm not sure if they'd sell him. We'd lose the physical presence of Yaya (but Fernando might make up for that), but Kroos is about the only semi-realistic signing out that who can match the passing ability Yaya has.

Here's a list of average passes/pass accuracy per game and why I think Kroos could be the right replacement if we sold Yaya:

Yaya: 71/90%

Kroos: 76/92%
Vidal: 46/84%
Koke: 44/81%
Pogba: 42/84%
Barkley: 36/85%

(Busquets: 77/93% - but he won't move)

Toni Kroos free for next summer.

LoveCity said:
I would not mess around replacing Yaya. Certainly no high cost + high risk investment like Barkley who cannot come close to dictating a game like Yaya can. If we don't replace Yaya properly, our possession game could suffer and we could lose the control we have over most games.

But what would we be looking for? My dream signing for City has been Vidal for a long time, but I don't think he'd be what City would look for because he isn't the passer that Yaya is and we'd probably want a great and persistent passer of the ball with good vision. The player who receives the ball constantly and is moving it around. For that reason, trying to tempt Bayern with a mega-offer for Kroos would be a good idea, but I'm not sure if they'd sell him. We'd lose the physical presence of Yaya (but Fernando might make up for that), but Kroos is about the only semi-realistic signing out that who can match the passing ability Yaya has.

Here's a list of average passes/pass accuracy per game and why I think Kroos could be the right replacement if we sold Yaya:

Moutinho 67/86% but with twice the amount of assists of Kroos and more Key passes/game than the others

Vidal. Nothing but a proven box-to-box midfielder from a top club with a consistent goalscoring record will do. We could go for a lower calibre of player, but we'd need two to cover what Yaya can do. Shame he's acting like this.

BlueDejong said:
LoveCity said:

Toni Kroos free for next summer.

This and this. We need a CM whose role is playmaker. Would have been ideal long term replacement for Toure next summer.

I doubt if we could tempt Bayern to sell. United are signing Herrera for 30 million,, I for once do not think that they didnt offer more for Kroos which means that wither Bayern rejected or the player himself rejected. If its the latter, I think Bayern might sell for 30 million

Kroos will be free next summer and that's why it'd be best to try for him now (IF Yaya does indeed leave...) as it'll be a frenzy next summer with the likes of Real and/or Barca probably becoming involved. Real have already been linked this summer, but hopefully have other priorities.

As for Kroos/United, wasn't it reported Van Gaal nixed United's move for him? I think some of our Bayern fans said Van Gaal and Kroos didn't have a good relationship at Bayern.

I just don't see what Kroo's offers!

Hits shot after shot that goes no where but when a screamer goes in it is portrayed like he does it all the time, at Bayern he literally just passes the ball sideways and won't provide anywhere near the same ability to grasp a midfield and carry it like Toure can or Vidal etc.

CTID101 said:

Hits shot after shot that goes no where but when a screamer goes in it is portrayed like he does it all the time, at Bayern he literally just passes the ball sideways and won't provide anywhere near the same ability to grasp a midfield and carry it like Toure can or Vidal etc.

He's one of the few players who may be available who can match Yaya's passing ability and with City playing a heavy possession game, it's important we have that sort of player unless we plan to fundamentally shift our style. There may be some others but I can't think of them (BigOscar suggested Moutinho who I last saw for Porto, but is playing in the French league now).

vfaeEbF.jpg

LoveCity said:
CTID101 said:

He's one of the few players who may be available who can match Yaya's passing ability and with City playing a heavy possession game, it's important we have that sort of player unless we plan to fundamentally shift our style. There may be some others but I can't think of them (BigOscar suggested Moutinho who I last saw for Porto, but is playing in the French league now).

vfaeEbF.jpg
But Yaya is so much more than that. He's quicker, stronger, more direct, more of a defensive presence, scores more goals and can produce a moment of magic out of the blue. Not having a go, I honestly don't think any one midfielder can adequately replace the Yaya of last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.