IF Yaya was to go

Status
Not open for further replies.
chris63 said:
Yaya to PSG
Negredo to Ath Madrid
Calvani to us

Simple.
Except for the bit where we've lost Yaya and presumably need to replace him you mean? Maybe not so simple.

chris63 said:
Yaya to PSG
Negredo to Ath Madrid
Calvani to us

Simple.

Selling Yaya, which I hope happens, means we'll have to get two players in to fill his vacancy. Fernando will take on Yaya's defensive responsibilities, but as for an attacking mf: how about Pastore? Maybe we could get a good deal with PSG?

And if we loose one of our strikers I think we'll cope without getting a new one. Selling Negredo would mean we have Aguero, Dzeko and Jovetic. I'd rather see us getting someone like Isco, Lavezzi, Sanchez or Pedro instead of yet an additional striker.

Matt the Giant said:
chris63 said:
Yaya to PSG
Negredo to Ath Madrid
Calvani to us

Simple.

Selling Yaya, which I hope happens, means we'll have to get two players in to fill his vacancy. Fernando will take on Yaya's defensive responsibilities, but as for an attacking mf: how about Pastore? Maybe we could get a good deal with PSG?

And if we loose one of our strikers I think we'll cope without getting a new one. Selling Negredo would mean we have Aguero, Dzeko and Jovetic. I'd rather see us getting someone like Isco, Lavezzi, Sanchez or Pedro instead of yet an additional striker.
but as for an attacking mf: how about Pastore?
, how about Fernandinho? It's certainly where he played for Brazil. We have Garcia and possibly Huws to rotate with Fernando as DM but perhaps still need someone attacking as rotation at least.

ColinLee said:
Matt the Giant said:
chris63 said:
Yaya to PSG
Negredo to Ath Madrid
Calvani to us

Simple.

but as for an attacking mf: how about Pastore?
, how about Fernandinho? It's certainly where he played for Brazil. We have Garcia and possibly Huws to rotate with Fernando as DM but perhaps still need someone attacking as rotation at least.

Fernadniho was so immense for us last season as a holding mf, so I just assume he'd remain in that position.

I hope we blood the likes of Huws, Cole and Lopes next season, but restricted to the domestic cups. An occasional PL appearance might be okay, but they are not yet ready to play regularly in the PL or CL.

The only player that would potentially offer us the same value to the team as Toure would be Pogba. You're forgetting about the development he's go through during his time at City. Yaya is a player who literally, under any challenge for the ball, 9/10 times gets out of it through his strength and ball control. I see a lot of Yaya sometimes in Pogba. The kids also 21 and could turn into a City legend.

He's the only like-for-likeI can think of: very strong, fast at full throttle, skill full on the ball, got a great shot and can pass too. If Yaya goes (most likely PSG for £40/£50m) I think City would be very foolish not to go for Pogba, if not now then in January.

Matt the Giant said:
chris63 said:
Yaya to PSG
Negredo to Ath Madrid
Calvani to us

Simple.

If and it's a big if we decide to sell Yaya then I can see the possibility of both Pastore and Lavezzi being part of the deal.

Cavani could be another but not convinced the club will want him

I don't know but if some of you have seen Seko Fofana from the Eds, he's very similar to Yaya and Pogba and is French too just like the latter. I know it might be early but he looks really promising and the similarity to the two players is clear as day. He has already scored some cracking goals. You guys think he's our long-term replacement some time in the future? I hope so because this guy is something special and has so much potential. Hopefully he'll make it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.