IF Yaya was to go

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Ya Ya goes, and it looks like he pretty much has to, the surely £25 million or so will be coming our way?

Now Fernando has signed for £12 million, we still have around £38 million left, add to this Ya Ya's sale, so what? Around £65 million left to play with. Add £5 million for other sales. So my thoughts.

Ruling out dream replacements Vidal or Mroos. Gundogan if ever fit again.

Nasri is more than capable, in my opinion would excel centrally. So add Di Maria, goal threat, pace direct running effective on either sing or running from deep.
Or Sanchez. Goal threat, pace and flexibility. We apparently should be able to pick either of these up for circa £25 million.

I would then look to bring in a solid and tested central midfielder, personally I'd keep Barry. He's still a very good player, more importantly very intelligent. Gives us time to find a system or a player to match Ya Ya. Failing that bring back big Nige.

That still leaves us a huge amount for a World class defender.

A central midfield pool of, Fernando, Milner, Fernandinho, Barry/De Nong, Garcia, Nasri, Di Maria/Sanchez.

Forward pool of, Aguero, Jovetic, Dzeko, Silva, Negredo, Navas, Di Maria/Sanchez.

I think the most important thing we'd need to replace is pace and direct running. Best way, replace Ya Ya's defensive work with a good value experienced holding midfielder, and a creative power runner from midfield.
We were spoilt with Ya Ya as he was two players in one.

schfc6 said:
We were spoilt with Ya Ya as he was two players in one.

Just not at the same time!

Minute 1-60 = Best holding midfielder in the world
Minute 61-90 = Decent second striker who will not track back!

If he goes, and it's a big if then I'd like us to go all out for Alexis Sánchez.

..........Fernando.....Fernandinho.....
Sánchez...........Nasri................Silva
........................Aguero.....................

AucklandBlue said:
If he goes, and it's a big if then I'd like us to go all out for Alexis Sánchez.

no lol, we'd need to get a world class CM to replace him!

AucklandBlue said:

I must admit I do like the look of that!

If Athletics are serious about Negredo then we should be asking for a player exchange instead of cash. Miranda maybe ?

If Yaya leaves then ask for a player plus cash from Barca eg. Pedro, Delofeu or Sanchez plus cash or from PSG ask for Verrati, Matuidi or Lavezzi. Any 2 from 3, or could even exchange for one of PSG's centre backs.

Jimfv1 said:
If Athletics are serious about Negredo then we should be asking for a player exchange instead of cash. Miranda maybe ?

If Yaya leaves then ask for a player plus cash from Barca eg. Pedro, Delofeu or Sanchez plus cash or from PSG ask for Verrati, Matuidi or Lavezzi. Any 2 from 3, or could even exchange for one of PSG's centre backs.

I really hope some big club buys Miranda and are left to rue. Its the system and teamwork that makes him and Godin look good, they are average to good at best.

AucklandBlue said:

While this is good, we would still need a 3 man mid field for tough games.

Also, what do you plan on doing if we lose one or both ferns to injury?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.