IF Yaya was to go

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really beyond me how Manchester City didn't give Yaya leave to see his brother as Yaya claims, I was in Abu Dhabi for the Al-Ain friendly, there was a signing session 2 days before the match with Jovetic, Nastasic and Nasri, so no Yaya there, he wasn't involved in any of the advertisments filmed for Etihad, there was an open training session the day before the match, Yaya, Hart and Lescott were the only 3 players who came in the yellow training tops, shorts and slippers and were watching the session, he also didn't feature in the Al Ain game, wasn't on the bench too.

Yaya basically did nothing in Abu Dhabi besides relax and go for Sheikh Mansour's party, so there is no way City would have forced him to come to Abu Dhabi, knowing his brother was dying.

Impossible.

richards30 said:
3 weeks???? fucking should be now to decide what to do!! had a serious man crush on yaya for what hes done since hes been here but too much has been said and the club, his team mates and fans and been massively disrespected and I think if a good fee can be sorted he should be sold asap and a top replacement bought in!
We can never replace him with like for like and even though it pains me to say it I feel Toure has gone too far this time and if we can get £30m - £35m for him we should seriously consider it.

Who to replace him with is another question......................

Dribble said:
richards30 said:
3 weeks???? fucking should be now to decide what to do!! had a serious man crush on yaya for what hes done since hes been here but too much has been said and the club, his team mates and fans and been massively disrespected and I think if a good fee can be sorted he should be sold asap and a top replacement bought in!
We can never replace him with like for like and even though it pains me to say it I feel Toure has gone too far this time and if we can get £30m - £35m for him we should seriously consider it.

vidal would be number 1 but way out of our spending range this summer. missed a trick not swapping yaya for fabregas to be honest. toni kroos would be a good price at the minute?

richards30 said:
Dribble said:
richards30 said:

vidal would be number 1 but way out of our spending range this summer. missed a trick not swapping yaya for fabregas to be honest. toni kroos would be a good price at the minute?
Good shout on Vidal & Fabregas. In respect to Kroos, I've always thought he was a good player but not one in the upper echelons of football. Toure is a one off and none of the players you mentioned could possibly steam roller their way through the opposition with the presence that Toure does, but whichever way we look at it, some day soon we'll have to replace him & I think now whilst his stock is at it highest is the perfect time for us & the player to part company.

In respect to the way FFP is limiting our spending right now, an additional £35m to put toward the £28 we have left over from the reported Fernando deal would go a long way to getting Sanchez & Vidal. I know we need another CB, but I'm not convinced Mangala is worth more than £10m - £15m from what I've seen of him irrespective of what Porto are quoting.

We still have a shit load of deadwood to shift too which will free up spaces and wages and bring in another £20m - £30m IMO, so with the sale of Toure and the remaining deadwood and the balance from our £40m limit, we could effectively have nearer £80m - £90m to play with which should put us within touching distance of Sanchez, Vidal & Mangala/Benatia. The only issue then is that of the homegrown variety.....................

AlloBoi said:
Isco

Fernando Fernandinho
. Isco
Silva Aguero. Nasri

was gutted when we didn't get isco but we need a general like yaya if possible. plus I can see a big season for jovetic injuries permitting so we don't actually need isco.

richards30 said:

If City are willing to give him 3 weeks leave and only talk after that...I'm sure that means he'll be staying atleast for this season....if we were concerned he would be leaving now, I think we'd already be in talks with him to sort out a sale/replacement.......maybe City are willing to discuss selling the player but only after the 2014 season....

richards30 said:
AlloBoi said:
Isco

Fernando Fernandinho
. Isco
Silva Aguero. Nasri

was gutted when we didn't get isco but we need a general like yaya if possible. plus I can see a big season for jovetic injuries permitting so we don't actually need isco.

If we could get Isco on loan for the upcoming season it would be great. We'd be in a much better position next year to strengthen the squad financially wise, with no restrictions burdening us.

He's a different type of player, but if we end up selling Yaya, then Kroos is the one. Can play deep, central or attcking midfield. He's obviously not as powerful as Yaya, but is quality on the ball is just as good and he's 24. Looks an exceptional talent to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.