IF Yaya was to go

Status
Not open for further replies.
weare8kyk said:
Axel Witsel for me

Isn't a goal scorer or creative enough. He would play were Fernando will now play so no real point in signing him.

Di Maria for me. Can play in a number of positions both attacking mid and as a winger on either side. Can score goals and has great pace.

bluechampion7891 said:
AucklandBlue said:
If he goes, and it's a big if then I'd like us to go all out for Alexis Sánchez.

..........Fernando.....Fernandinho.....
Sánchez...........Nasri................Silva
........................Aguero.....................

While this is good, we would still need a 3 man mid field for tough games.

Also, what do you plan on doing if we lose one or both ferns to injury?

To be honest I think this is perfect for tough games, better than the Yaya and Fernandinho pairing.

If one or both get injured we still have Garcia and Milner as we did last season. Not the best but considering our position we're going to spend big on a back up.

I presume we've bought Fernando in order to push Yaya further forward where he is most effective and allow Fernandinho a bit more freedom so I can't see why we'd go for someone like Vidal/Gundogan, also I can't see Pellegrini playing 3 central midfielders.

cassyscooterboys said:
If yaya leaves and with the addition of fernando I personally would play nasri in front of the two ferns and buy a right sided player in the ilk of reus/Lucas Mora/Sanchez.with yayas fee we should be able to afford one of these and keep the side/ffp balanced
Surely a left-sided player? Would absolutely love Reus here, think he's the missing piece of the puzzle.

How about 50m + motivated Pastore ?

I am sure Dax can convince the board that Javier Pastore can fill Yaya's gap :)

AucklandBlue said:
bluechampion7891 said:
AucklandBlue said:
If he goes, and it's a big if then I'd like us to go all out for Alexis Sánchez.

..........Fernando.....Fernandinho.....
Sánchez...........Nasri................Silva
........................Aguero.....................

While this is good, we would still need a 3 man mid field for tough games.

Also, what do you plan on doing if we lose one or both ferns to injury?

To be honest I think this is perfect for tough games, better than the Yaya and Fernandinho pairing.

If one or both get injured we still have Garcia and Milner as we did last season. Not the best but considering our position we're going to spend big on a back up.

I presume we've bought Fernando in order to push Yaya further forward where he is most effective and allow Fernandinho a bit more freedom so I can't see why we'd go for someone like Vidal/Gundogan, also I can't see Pellegrini playing 3 central midfielders.

Not really, it is better than Fernandinho and Yaya pairing but when I mean tough games I mean like when at Chelsea away we had these 2 and Garcia starting.

Nasri is good at controlling games, recycling possession with good short to medium range passing (Yaya has great short to medium passing range and adequate long range passing). But he doesn't like to make challenges or tackles a lot even if he did track back a lot his year. We need someone more of the Toni Kroos style.

Although, for about 50-60 percent of the games that formation would work.

El Mago said:

There is no way we get 50m for yaya, let alone 50m and Pastore. It's just not going to happen. Yaya is a world class player but he is a world class player that is 31 years old and he is forcing his way out of a club in a less than graceful way. I think realistically we are looking at a fee of about 25m. There just aren't that many clubs willing to pay that much for a 31 year old player and meet his huge wage demands. I believe this is all about getting one last guaranteed big pay day after he had one of his best seasons.

The clubs that could afford him are:
ManU - I can't see us doing business with them
Chelsea - unlikely to do business with them and they don't have much of a need - just signed cesc
Barcelona - maybe
Real Madrid - no need - have a stacked midfield
Bayern - no need- have a stacked midfield
PSG - seems most likely but if they are the only bidders then they will know it and not offer crazy money. Yes they just over-paid for Luiz but teams like Barcelona and Bayern were being linked to him.
Monaco - I don't know if they are able to spend like they did last summer.

I can't think of any other teams that could afford him. The only other options are going to a place like china or Dubai and if he goes there then we will all know it was just about a pay day.

delkhouri said:
El Mago said:

There is no way we get 50m for yaya, let alone 50m and Pastore. It's just not going to happen. Yaya is a world class player but he is a world class player that is 31 years old and he is forcing his way out of a club in a less than graceful way. I think realistically we are looking at a fee of about 25m. There just aren't that many clubs willing to pay that much for a 31 year old player and meet his huge wage demands. I believe this is all about getting one last guaranteed big pay day after he had one of his best seasons.

The clubs that could afford him are:
ManU - I can't see us doing business with them
Chelsea - unlikely to do business with them and they don't have much of a need - just signed cesc
Barcelona - maybe
Real Madrid - no need - have a stacked midfield
Bayern - no need- have a stacked midfield
PSG - seems most likely but if they are the only bidders then they will know it and not offer crazy money. Yes they just over-paid for Luiz but teams like Barcelona and Bayern were being linked to him.
Monaco - I don't know if they are able to spend like they did last summer.

I can't think of any other teams that could afford him. The only other options are going to a place like china or Dubai and if he goes there then we will all know it was just about a pay day.

I agree that 50m is out of the question but the market is so out of whack I don't think 30-35m is out of the question. Just look at what teams are paying or asking for this year. 50m for Luiz. Roma asking for 50m for Benatia(27 not so young)and Porto asking for 40m for Mangala. Yes those players are a younger than Yaya, but they are CH's not goal scorers. Over 20 goals from central midfield is a very rare talent. Vidal(27), Pogba etc.. who are also valued at 50m aren't scoring anywhere near 20 league goals in a year. Don't think we should just settle for another crappy deal because a player wants to leave like we did with Balotelli and Tevez. Think we should hold out for premium player money for a premium player or he stays.

Manchester City schedule crunch Yaya Toure talks

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2014/06/26/4914346/manchester-city-schedule-crunch-yaya-toure-talks?CMPID=TWUK_140626_ToureTalks" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/pre ... ToureTalks</a>

The Ivorian is at odds with the club after voicing displeasure over allegedly denying him time with his brother Ibrahim before his death and failure to celebrate his birthday

By Paul Clennam

Manchester City are to grant Yaya Toure a three-week break ahead of scheduled crisis talks over the midfielder’s future, Goal understands.

The 31-year-old's relationship with his club plumbed new depths on Tuesday when the Ivory Coast star claimed that City denied him the opportunity to spend time with his brother Ibrahim, who passed away on June 19.

6/4 Yaya Toure is 6/4 with Paddy Power to join Paris Saint-GermainRelations between the player and the Premier League champions were already fraught after Toure accused the club of failing to properly acknowledge his birthday and City are understood to be mortified by the latest accusations.

In an interview with France Football, Toure said: "I confess that I am still very sad. I'm suffering because I feel I have done nothing useful for him the last few weeks.

"At the end of the season, I wanted to stay for four or five days with my brother before I flew to prepare for the World Cup with Ivory Coast, except that City did not want to give me a few days.

"I went to celebrate the title championship in Abu Dhabi while my brother was in his sickbed. By fortune, Kolo was at his bedside. After that I blame myself for not insisting and for not leading them to respect me.

"However, club officials knew that I had been suffering for a few months seeing the health of my brother decline.

"This is the reason I had several injuries at the end of the season because my head had taken control of my body. These last four months have probably been the hardest in my life."

Toure and the Ivory Coast crashed out of the World Cup on Tuesday after a last-minute penalty from Greece's Giorgios Samaras condemned his side to group-stage elimination for the third World Cup tournament in a row.

City, who begin their pre-season campaign with a friendly against Dundee on July 13 before flying out to America for the International Champions Cup, will now grant Toure extended leave before holding talks over his future.

3 weeks???? fucking should be now to decide what to do!! had a serious man crush on yaya for what hes done since hes been here but too much has been said and the club, his team mates and fans and been massively disrespected and I think if a good fee can be sorted he should be sold asap and a top replacement bought in!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.