IF Yaya was to go

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mangara said:
jonmcity said:
KevR_7 said:
The most important thing for City is to get their answers from Yaya quickly. My worry is he will force his move late in the transfer window and the replacements may have already been snapped up by other clubs. Talk this morning that Chelsea are going in for Pogba, constant talk of Man U in for Vidal and also Kroos linked heavily with Barca and Real Madrid. Those are probably the main 3 who could come in and make an impact at a Toure level when he joined the club (asking someone to come in and do what Yaya did last season is just not going to happen!).

I hope Yaya saga gets resolved, either way, as soon as possible!

Is anyone actually in for Yaya? I think its time to get a good pay day if we can and take back the initiative. I don't want Yaya in the dressing room unless he is 100% dedicated to the cause. He has not got that many years left in any case, and if not this year next we need to be looking at a replacement.

I couldn't agree more with you. He could disrupt the team condition if he's still being grumpy and all. But if the club really didn't let him visit his dying brother like the rumors tell than that's pretty messed up i guess.
But my opinion says that while there's another team like PSG that could splash some great money that wants his service in his age as of now, i think we should sell him. The money could cover the reduced transfer budget we have right now and go for another great midfielders and maybe another homegrown player. My personal opinion would be Vidal to replace him, seeing how great he's playing in the World Cup. Or maybe fabregas, or maybe utilize Milner if it's possible and buy the likes of James Ward Prowse for the future cause. That's just my opinion though.

Oh and i'm new and from Indonesia, so i'm really sorry if my english is pretty hard to understand. Nice to meet you all Citizens! :D

I smell troll.

TCIB said:
Mangara said:
jonmcity said:
Is anyone actually in for Yaya? I think its time to get a good pay day if we can and take back the initiative. I don't want Yaya in the dressing room unless he is 100% dedicated to the cause. He has not got that many years left in any case, and if not this year next we need to be looking at a replacement.

I couldn't agree more with you. He could disrupt the team condition if he's still being grumpy and all. But if the club really didn't let him visit his dying brother like the rumors tell than that's pretty messed up i guess.
But my opinion says that while there's another team like PSG that could splash some great money that wants his service in his age as of now, i think we should sell him. The money could cover the reduced transfer budget we have right now and go for another great midfielders and maybe another homegrown player. My personal opinion would be Vidal to replace him, seeing how great he's playing in the World Cup. Or maybe fabregas, or maybe utilize Milner if it's possible and buy the likes of James Ward Prowse for the future cause. That's just my opinion though.

Oh and i'm new and from Indonesia, so i'm really sorry if my english is pretty hard to understand. Nice to meet you all Citizens! :D

I smell troll.

I'm sorry if i offended you or someone, but how am i supposed to be troll? I didn't think i do something wrong, just putting my honest opinion :D.

I honestly see no reason why Ferna couldn't slot into Yaya's role. Yaya has a better shot, but given that Yaya had never had a season approaching this one in his entire career, I don't see a reason why if Fernandinho got the same freedom that he couldn't get to at least double digit goals. Much of the success has to come down to Pellegrini's system and coaching. Fernando could move into the support role and we wouldn't miss a beat.

Obviously Vidal or Pogba would be ideal replacements, but I don't think they'd be necessary.

roy.or.r said:
We should look at Koke if Yaya leaves..

Koke has just signed an extension to his contract in the last week and is happy where he is......No matter how strong our team is, we will be a lot weaker team next season if we have to sell Yaya and Negredo. We are talking about 50 goals between them for last season!!! I'm hoping these 2 can still be happy here as talent wise we not going to be able to replace them and with the FFP restrictions in place, teams will put a higher price on the top talent....and no matter how much we would like to see City go out and spend another 100mil on players, we not going to spend 40mil on a midfielder, 30mil on a striker and 36mil on a CB...,,,I hope after a rest away from football Yaya can have a change of heart and Negredo is offered more playing time at City for next season....

The future of Yaya is a complete conundrum in my mind. On one hand I hope he stays for the reasons stated above (I still believe that only the fans are upset with Yaya and the club itself is not insulted at all so no worries). On the other hand he has looked jaded at the WC and maybe nows the time to replace him (and change our style with more workhorse CMs).

I guess I put my faith in the club that they it right. Thy do more often than not.

A midfield 3 of Kroos/Fernando/Fernandinho could offer exquisite balance if Yaya was to leave with combinations of them in any games we play 4-4-2, depending on what we need. The mouthwatering passing range of Kroos (the man who was just 6 passes short of outpassing the entire Arsenal team in February), the steel and ball-winning skills (+ accurate passing that is good for possession) of Fernando, and the drive of Fernandinho who would be unleashed in his natural box-to-box role.

Still think this Yaya thing could be resolved, although it must be getting mighty close to the point of no return with his recent comments.

LoveCity said:
A midfield 3 of Kroos/Fernando/Fernandinho could offer exquisite balance if Yaya was to leave with combinations of them in any games we play 4-4-2, depending on what we need. The mouthwatering passing range of Kroos (the man who was just 6 passes short of outpassing the entire Arsenal team in February), the steel and ball-winning skills (+ accurate passing that is good for possession) of Fernando, and the drive of Fernandinho who would be unleashed in his natural box-to-box role.

Still think this Yaya thing could be resolved, although it must be getting mighty close to the point of no return with his recent comments.

Yaya has been immense for us and I can see what you're saying about Kroos, but I think I'd prefer Vidal, can't really offer any reason... just my opinion.
If we do obtain Mangala, I'd offer Nastasic to Juventus plus cash. That way we could hold on to Rekik and put money towards Sanchez.
Obviously we'd need to generate enough money from the possible sales of Yaya, Negredo, Milner, Rodwell, Sinclair and Richards, I think it can be done.
It looks a little Footy Manager-ish with all these incomings and outgoings, but it'd be a whirlwind summer window if we could get:
Caballero, Mangala, Vidal & Sanchez (approx £100m) so long as we get rid of the above mentioned for around £80m so we can balance it out.
I'm hopeful to say the least...

Its already been covered with Fernando who will replace Fernandinho, and Fernandinho will replace Yaya.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.