If you could choose to go back to one day as a kid and one as an adult. What would they be.

Something not thread related but his dad Gordon used to manage my saturday/Sunday football team from U13s to U16s.

It was probably because of his dad that he made it. At a young age, talking 10 to 12 years old, Robins was good, but you'd have never said he'd end up playing for united or even make it in the game for that matter. His dad pushed him and pushed him and probably opened a few doors for him with his connections. Sometimes we'd be having a kickabout on the school pitch and his dad would have him training, just the 2 of them, really working him and putting him through training drills. We used to piss ourselves laughing, but I guess it paid off in the end

Not one day of my childhood. Hated it. The grey fifties.

Adult - the day we won the league at Newcastle.

As a kid: from 7-9, any long summer day spent outside with a football.

As an adult: the day after I got engaged to my future wife in Seville. Both woke up with a hangover (which was unusual for her) and I pretended not to remember what had happened the night before. Kept it up for a couple of minutes. We had lunch in the same place as we got engaged the night before without realising it until near the end of the meal. It was set up very differently tbf. We were both so stupidly happy that weekend, in an amazing place, and so ridiculously in love. What a day that was to be alive.

Kid: Probably same as GDM. Typically Saturday best as got to listen to City on Piccadilly
Radio and then skip/run after my Dad to Jackson’s paper shop for the Pink and a Golden Cup, followed by more footy til it went dark.

Adult: Despite how things have eventually turned out, our wedding day - so much fun joy, happiness and hope shared with so many family and friends.

Kid, pulling the neighbour girl's pants down in an elderberry bush den and really finding out girl anatomy
Adult...one of several encounters with different women

As a kid i would go back to the day I turned down the chance to go out with this girl who my mate dumped out of loyalty to my mate (aged 16) - saw her a year later in a pub and had developed a little bit more shall we say and i was kicking myself!

As an adult, well aged 17, i would take my 21 year old brother to hospital a month before he had a brain haemorrhage and died and tell them to fix it

Kid: Signed the pro football contract offered by Leeds United at age 16, and quit school, just to see how different my life might have been.
Adult: Wish I could have spent more time back in England with my ailing Dad before he died, but if it is one day, then more time on that last day together, even though I will never forget those last moments and am happy I said what I needed to say.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.