if your wtchn on the tv your a ****

bluepeter62 said:
Exactly! I am a season ticket holder and have been for over 20 years and save up so I can buy it. Now for the last 6 years I haven't been able to afford to pay for extra games, so does that make me a worse fan because I won't spend my last penny on following City?

Nope. But thats not what this thread is saying... its not picking single people out, analysing them, judging them, before throwing them back into the pool.

Its thowing out cold hard facts and saying; "It makes no sense that we can get 40k for Villa et al but 24k for Copenhagen/Aalborg et al)

berger1985 said:
I agree, appalling attendence but well done to all that went, great atmosphere in 110!

EDIT: I can understand if people really cant afford it, I used my last £20 until payday in 2 weeks, but for those that cant be arsed, fair weather fans or what!?

i went, sat sorry, stood in 110 atmosphere was great in there,longest chant i`ve heard for a while.
i dont blame anyone for not going. i could of made an excuse but decided to go was sorely tempted to sit on my arse on the settee to be honest.
i do think the credit crunch is hitting my lads firm laid four of this week.

GStar said:
mackenzie said:
It actually "hurts" you???

There is plenty in life that will hurt you more, believe me.

I didn't go because I chose not to. I don't like midweek games where I have to get back on my own on a tram, at night with dickheads who are boozed up.

If some go to the Villa game and choose not to go to the game tonight, then that is their priviledge.

As another poster has already said....who is the one in the right? The fan that has a season ticket and goes to every Prem match or the one that turns up just for tonight?

The answer is....neither. Each fan supports the Club as they see fit.

Yes it does, it embarrasing... And i know very well theres much more imprtant things in life, and those events that will hurt much more... but that that night, for a couple of hours, City is my priority and seeing half the fans in the ground just doesnt make sense.

I've never judged a single case and people taking it personally is more than a bit daft imo... there will always be many individuals who cant match each game in isolation... the Uefa CUp attendence is a continuing low when at the same time mid week everyone suddenly appears when it happens to be a PL fixture.

That's because most people pay for a season ticket or is that too hard to understand.

GStar said:
mackenzie said:
GStar said:

I've never judged a single case and people taking it personally is more than a bit daft imo... there will always be many individuals who cant match each game in isolation... the Uefa CUp attendence is a continuing low when at the same time mid week everyone suddenly appears when it happens to be a PL fixture.

There are many on here who are judging. That's the point.

Yes - those who are judging the collective 24,500 (who are openly admitting they are not tarring every single no shower with the same brush)

Then those who didnt turn up to tonight who are taking the accusations directly as a individual personal attack on thier support of City.

Which is why this thread isnt working.

Read the thread from the beginning. Nobody was judging the 24,500, the attacks came from about three of those "brave diehard Bigger Blues" and it all went pear shaped from there.

Of course people will defend theirselves?!

GStar said:
Its thowing out cold hard facts and saying; "It makes no sense that we can get 40k for Villa et al but 24k for Copenhagen/Aalborg et al)

Why do people need an excuse ? What the fuck has it got to do with anyone else which game people choose to attend ?

Despite the poor attendance I thought the atmosphere was an improvement on the previous rounds. There was even some singing in the Colin Bell Stand.

I went tonight because i was able to afford it, i didn't go to the last home game in europe because at that time i couldn't afford it. Who gives a fuck whether other people decide to go or not? City isn't the be all and end all at the end of the day for some people. As long as people who go are happy going because they can afford it and people who don't go would rather save their money then i don't see what the problem is

I'll go to euro games if i can afford it at the time, i know for a fact now that i won't be going to Istanbul if we get there as i won't be able to afford it but thats just the way things are at the minute for myself and i suspect a lot of other people

mackenzie said:
Read the thread from the beginning. Nobody was judging the 24,500, the attacks came from about three of those "brave diehard Bigger Blues" and it all went pear shaped from there.

Of course people will defend theirselves?!

I have read from the begining, i've read many threads like this... the attacks didnt single out individuals, they highlighted the collective that didn't turn up, then individuals deffended themselves?

No one named names, they were making a comparison and have every right to question the difference in attendances... its the people who didnt turn up who felt the need to defend themselves even though they have no provocation to personally step up and attack back.

stony said:
GStar said:

Why do people need an excuse ? What the fuck has it got to do with anyone else which game people choose to attend ?

Where have i asked for an excuse? No one is asking for an excuse from each individual who didnt go.

But yea we get so many threads moaning about qualifying or not for European football and the future of our manager may well depend on it, yet in reality, half the fans are unable to turn up to the ties making them a lot less significant than some people seem to believe.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.