Ilkay Gundogan - 2016/17 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
To play like that after 4/5 months out was incredible....he will be a major player for the future.

This guy's the real deal. I can see why the rumour is that Pep passed on Pogba in favour of him. Tight control, great short passing and keeps the tempo high. He reminded me of Owen Hargreaves in that really short period of time when he was at his best. He looks yet another stunning signing. I am hugely impressed.

I think he's better than peak Hargreaves. Honestly he's got the quality and magic in his boots of peak Yaya, only he's got the hunger and desire and mobility of a Pep player.

Spot on about Poggy too. Interesting the reactions this summer when it became clear he was going to the rags. Hope the people who thought City were being naive and Poggy was going to be a game changer can now see that in Ilkay we have a better player with better attributes and a better mentality.

His performance last night was unbelievable considering how long he'd been out. Instinctively as well as Silva has started the season, that midfield three last night with Ilkay in there looks better balanced for bigger games. Although in that respect it was his inclusion which made it more balanced so you could probably swap KDB out for Silva and it'd have the same effect of looking more balanced.

I don't want to get too excited about this season. But right now it's hard not to.

Kelly, the City TV reporter posted on Twitter that Gundogan told her he only feels about 80% fit.

Imagine him with a string of games under his belt :o

Should have scored, but looked like he'd been with us for years, his passing is superb and his quick feet to set up the Sterling chance was sensational.

He's going to be an absolute class act when he's fully fit.

I've not been as excited since Fitzroy Simpson's debut!! One of those players that just seems to have more time than everyone else. When fit, he'll be incredible.

I think he's better than peak Hargreaves. Honestly he's got the quality and magic in his boots of peak Yaya, only he's got the hunger and desire and mobility of a Pep player.

Spot on about Poggy too. Interesting the reactions this summer when it became clear he was going to the rags. Hope the people who thought City were being naive and Poggy was going to be a game changer can now see that in Ilkay we have a better player with better attributes and a better mentality.

His performance last night was unbelievable considering how long he'd been out. Instinctively as well as Silva has started the season, that midfield three last night with Ilkay in there looks better balanced for bigger games. Although in that respect it was his inclusion which made it more balanced so you could probably swap KDB out for Silva and it'd have the same effect of looking more balanced.

I don't want to get too excited about this season. But right now it's hard not to.
As good as Silva is, if we want balance, he may be the one to sit out instead of Bruyne for big games.

Why?

Because BOTH Gundogan and De Bruyne are two-footed, our play has the potential to be more spontaneous and dynamic than with Silva.

If anyone thought Kevin was two-footed, Gundogan is even better at using his weak foot (passing and dribbling-wise).

I never thought I'd say this as I think Silva is our best player by some distance.

Thought he looked rusty and his touch was suspect, but that was 3 minutes in..
He's a player this lad. The close control and ability to get out of tight spaces is exactly what Pep needs in the middle and he excels at it. Knits together the play and has boundless energy.
We're going places this team. Absolutely no doubts about it. City are back.

Thought he looked rusty and his touch was suspect, but that was 3 minutes in..
He's a player this lad. The close control and ability to get out of tight spaces is exactly what Pep needs in the middle and he excels at it. Knits together the play and has boundless energy.
We're going places this team. Absolutely no doubts about it. City are back.

I've never been so excited to watch a team play. Everything is falling into place, and this squad has a perfect blend of experience, youth and quality.

Looked absolute class and clearly not quite match fit. We are starting to look a very scary team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.