Ilkay Gundogan - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given a big chance tonight and he didnt take it , he maybe one of those players that needs a run of games , he's obviously good enough he oozes class , but to be fair the rest of the team didnt pull any trees up , so incorrect to criticise him to heavily . Would give him another game against West Ham a let him build his match fitness and sharpness because the fringe players like Gundogan , Bernardo , Danilo and others will be vital towards the end of the season.

That game was crying out for him to perform and he was woeful tonight.

Well off the pace, far too slow. Otamendi did a better job in breaking through the lines than Ilkay.

Agree about giving him the West Ham game though, we need him up to speed by Christmas when the games come thick and fast.

I think its better to rotate him with Fernandinho than Silva or KDB.

He was not creating anything today.

He's not filling me with confidence that we can rotate him into the team and get away with it. He's too slow and does not get on the ball and control a game. Too timid in challenges and doesn't press as well as the others. Next time one of KDB or Silva gets rested, we should try Bernardo centrally because Gundogan has wasted his opportunities.

Poor game tonight from the Gundog. He looked tired, and a bit disinterested to be honest. He was half-hearted on the build up to their goal, and lethargic trying to close out Bertrands cross. Need more out of him than that. Still think he's a decent player mind, and I'll put tonight's efforts down to "one of those games"

Agree with general thrust on this thread. Think both him and Bernardo still have a bit to prove, and hopefully they'll both get chance to play more centrally, like at Shaktar, in the League Cup, the 3rd round of FA Cup etc...

Needs more games. I'd actually be tempted to start him on Sunday instead of Fernandinho and again against Shakhtar. The only way he'll get back to his best is with more games. If he reaches the level we know he can he'll be one of the best midfielders in Europe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.