Ilkay Gundogan - 2018/19 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the current squad, I'd put both Foden and even Delph ahead of him.

Long term, I really can't see any future for him after we sign a DM in the summer.

Thanks for that. The fact that you would put Delph before him tells me all that I need to know.

Lol.

I think his deal is up in 18 months so the club will decide soon if they are going to keep him or move him on.

Thanks for the reasoned debate.

I'd argue that Delph's performance for England (granted) v Croatia in November was a far better individual performance than any Gundogan has put in this season. But that's just me...
No,not just you.

Id have Delph ahead of Gundogan every time.

I think his deal is up in 18 months so the club will decide soon if they are going to keep him or move him on.
I thought I read or heard they are negotiating a new deal with him. The main problem is he rarely wins a tackle, his strength is undoubtedly around the opposition box. He had a poor game yesterday but so did the majority, I suppose it all depends what you want from a midfielder.

Thanks for the reasoned debate.

I'd argue that Delph's performance for England (granted) v Croatia in November was a far better individual performance than any Gundogan has put in this season. But that's just me...

How can I have a reasoned debate with someone who thinks like you clearly do?

Nice of you to compare their International careers.....oh.

Glad Pep doesn't see it your way.

Gundogan has been hampered by injuries but is a far better player than Delph the liability will ever be. Delph won't be at City within the next 2 seasons, mark my words.

Gundogan may go too but not because of Delph. More likely, Foden, Bernardo, new player will slot in to that spot in the side.

How can I have a reasoned debate with someone who thinks like you clearly do?

Nice of you to compare their International careers.....oh.

Glad Pep doesn't see it your way.

Gundogan has been hampered by injuries biut is a far better player than Delph the liability will ever be. Delph won't be at City within the next 2 seasons, mark my words.

Gundogan may go too but not because of Delph. More likely, Foden, Bernardo, new player will slot in to that spot in the side.

Instead of taking a 'because I said so' stance, why not try and outline to me (and others it seems) your viewpoint.

I agree with you that technically, Gundogan, is a better player, but for all his ability, he often makes very little impact on a game. If we're talking back up to Fernan, Delph, for me, is more suited to give the likes of the Silvas and KDB more platform to go forward.

I'm also assuming that you're judging Delph on his performances at LB. Put Gundogan there. See how he does.

Either way, he is clearly not up to the level of this squad (questions marks as to whether Delph is too).

Instead of taking a 'because I said so' stance, why not try and outline to me (and others it seems) your viewpoint.

I agree with you that technically, Gundogan, is a better player, but for all his ability, he often makes very little impact on a game. If we're talking back up to Fernan, Delph, for me, is more suited to give the likes of the Silvas and KDB more platform to go forward.

I'm also assuming that you're judging Delph on his performances at LB. Put Gundogan there. See how he does.

Either way, he is clearly not up to the level of this squad (questions marks as to whether Delph is too).

I just believe that a few members on here unfairly make Gundogan the scapegoat too easily. Just so happenef that I chose your post to respond to, because I was annoyed at Delph being claimed better.

In retrospect, I can see that you do offer your point of view fairly, so I was probably wrong to bite like I did.

I do feel for Gundogan though, as he could have been so much more for us, but has regrettably missed the boat, in all probability, now.

I do agree that we need a bona fide replacement/helper for Fernandinho. Just don't believe that Delph is that man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.