Ilkay Gundogan - Done Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don’t want to resell him. He would be a player who knows the club inside out, won’t be intimidated as a new signing joining the best team in the world, can cover a couple of positions and would be a cheap and easy deal to make.
That’s before we talk about his quality as a player.
We aren’t offering a 4 year contract.
He’s also a potential future manager/assistant to Pep.

Get the lad home. I rarely do nostalgia for players who have left but this one pulls at the heartstrings very strongly.

Get it done City. Please.

A big NO for me. Both for City and for Ilkay's sake.

You wrote the storybook ending. Leave it at that. If it's not working at Barca, he should retire to his boyhood club.

Gundo coming back here would simply upset the applecart.

Rodri, Phil, Kevin and Bernardo. We already have 4 players for the middle. One of whom won't start in the big games.

We have Kova and Nunes as backups. With Grealish as a potential option.

Also, it's a different City from the one he left. Different players have assumed differently roles etc. I don't want Gundogan playing the Nunes role.

But that's just me. This is not exciting News.

I would take him for a year or two (then, coaching role, or a Pep replacement?). He doesn't rely on his speed or physicality. He is just a footballing genius. We always need players like him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.