Ilkay Gundogan - Done Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the bloke never played a minute of football this season I fully believe that simply having him in the dressing room is a net positive for the club.
Came on to say exactly this, his attitude, influence and experience can surely only be a good thing for our younger squad members to learn from.

As I have stated in the Quiet thread, he is not a priority at the moment, I have been told off someone who I trust very much that we’re already down the line working on another deal but struggling to agree a fee with his club, this gundogan news has been sprung upon on us, we hold all the aces as they say, they may use this gundogan news to are advantage on the deal we were already working on,

IMHO, Man City should really follow the same path as Real Madrid under Florentino Perez (2nd term) about never re-signing aging club legends on the wrong side of 30.

They have never even entertained the idea of bringing in back the likes of Cristiano, Benzema, Sergios Ramos whom all wanted return to the club.
We aren’t Real Madrid and certainly don’t want to be anything like them- soulless club

Sorry but this potential Gundogan deal is almost too perfect. We can't rely on De Bruyne to play all the time, not anymore. This is Foden's time to be the leading man. And who better to share Kev's minutes alongside Phil than Ilkay? With Bobb injured until January, McAtee can stake a claim down the right until then and take some minutes in cup games while he learns. And if Rodri is unfit, Kovacic and Gundogan as two deeper players is perfect to compensate. We don't need to sign Ilkay for any more than 12 months, just a loan deal or something would be enough. Then he can take his coaching badges and join our staff.

Or a player that suits our needs has suddenly became available and we are looking at it as it makes perfect sense.

Not as hyperbolic as your post, granted.

I wouldn’t be upset if he came back, but it’s not the type of signing we have done in a very long time.

It is a signing that may help for a season and think their could be some merit in coaching role etc.

But it’s not how we do things, hoping a player magically appears on the market.

Date I say this short term approach is usually our neighbours across the road.

I do think we are budgeting for the potential of no CL football next season (without dropping players wages as it will not be there failing), hence no big money signing and could be why this deal makes sense to the club.

There will always be an exception to the rule.

Let it go.

Gundogan isn't really someone where it's justified to make an exception for. He will just take minutes away from the likes of Bobb and other younger Man City midfielders who needs playing tine.

Real Madrid have become a desirable top institution of World Football thanks to Perez changing up their transfer policies.

- Spend big money on very promising young players with big re-sale value
- Free agents of top tier players in their prime
- Loans on small wages for aging players

If the bloke never played a minute of football this season I fully believe that simply having him in the dressing room is a net positive for the club.

Gundogan was one of Barca's best players last season and earns €20m. I doubt he will accept not playing a single minute of football.

The old saying is never go back. It didn't work out at the rags with PR47.

Gundogan and that narcissistic twat are in no way comparable as individuals or personalities.

As you well know, and serves no sensible comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.