Ilkay Gundogan - Done Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMHO, Man City should really follow the same path as Real Madrid under Florentino Perez (2nd term) about never re-signing aging club legends on the wrong side of 30.

They have never even entertained the idea of bringing in back the likes of Cristiano, Benzema, Sergios Ramos whom all wanted return to the club.

They re-signed Joselu on loan last season to help them win the league and champions league.

Plenty of bait in this thread. I'll leave it. Plenty of wumming too.

Gundogan isn't really someone where it's justified to make an exception for. He will just take minutes away from the likes of Bobb and other younger Man City midfielders who needs playing tine.

Real Madrid have become a desirable top institution of World Football thanks to Perez changing up their transfer policies.

- Spend big money on very promising young players with big re-sale value
- Free agents of top tier players in their prime
- Loans on small wages for aging players

Gundogan was Barca's best player last season and earns €20m. I doubt he will accept not playing a single minute of football.

When he left City it was widely reported his salary at Barca was considerably less than what he was getting at City.

I wouldn’t be upset if he came back, but it’s not the type of signing we have done in a very long time.

It is a signing that may help for a season and think their could be some merit in coaching role etc.

But it’s not how we do things, hoping a player magically appears on the market.

Date I say this short term approach is usually our neighbours across the road.

I do think we are budgeting for the potential of no CL football next season (without dropping players wages as it will not be there failing), hence no big money signing and could be why this deal makes sense to the club.
You think the club believe we won’t be in the CL next season?

If the bloke never played a minute of football this season I fully believe that simply having him in the dressing room is a net positive for the club.
If we have Carson for 2 keepers we can afford a true winner for the rest, on low minutes and without restricting the development of the kids. Pep loves to work with so so wonderful persons.

There’s no way Cancelo is only getting $4.1m a year. That’s $80k a week.

He’ll be on 3-4 times that.
yeah, my bad. That was his 6-year contract from City. With add ons and other incentives, it pushed to near $20 mil per year. I was looking at capology and spotrac.com but transfermarkt.us had the info. I would imagine Barca is trying to low ball Cancelo or at least attaching a transfer fee for Gundo. We should not do that.

What your ice cream truck order says about your imposter syndrome

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.