Ilkay Gundogan - Done Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the one hand I just bloody love Gundogan, he’s a great player and a great person to have at the club.

On the other hand he’s 33 and his direct replacement was just MOTM playing the exact role we are getting Gundogan to play, and we’ve got potentially world class kids all over that #8 position who will undoubtedly get less games, be on the bench less and develop less if Gundo plays instead of them, which he will because Pep always values seniority over everything.

I also wonder what happens with the captaincy?

I won’t be sad if it happens, not by a long shot, but I feel like there’s a good chance he left when he was supposed to leave.

Always leave them wanting more etc.

You just said, has a family and Saudi in the same sentence.
Well as a Money maker in this Country the world is yours, heard many things That the Saudis treat their Players/Boxers etc. especially with a prestige like gundo so so well to let them feel good.

What do you think why they all Go there, of course money first but After that there are so many factors

I just don't see Gundo coming back when we effectively let him go by not offering a longer contract. Would look a bit silly on both sides, but would be chuffed if it did happen

Pep does rarely use subs for starters. We still have a few game changers already on our books who play in midfield. The better option would be bringing in an extra striker instead.
True. But with the extra CL group stage games coming up he needs to start using more subs to not burn certain players out.

I get that you don't want him back, Ray. I don't have a problem with that pal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.