Ilkay Gundogan - Done Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me, get him in all day instead of a gamble like Nunes it was, no disrespect to Nunes but everyone would be much calmer if Gundogan is on the field. But wouldnt pay any fee if they need to get him out.

Still think its unlikely he would come back… as i think he plans on long term for his Family. Will be a Saudi move i think
You just said, has a family and Saudi in the same sentence.

I hear and understand you mate, I am not an ITK merchant, I just have a contact who is close to what happens around the first team, he usually tells me stuff on the injury front to be honest, the only other player he told me about was when we signed Akanji.

But in regards to this he has told me the player in question and we are working hard to try and make the deal happen, he said the gundogan news has been put on our lap out of the blue. I am not saying it will not happen but my understanding is that they have been working on a deal elsewhere and in regards to the gundogan news city are super relaxed about it,
Super relaxed sounds like the bollocks that millenials say to eachother on social media.

I hear and understand you mate, I am not an ITK merchant, I just have a contact who is close to what happens around the first team, he usually tells me stuff on the injury front to be honest, the only other player he told me about was when we signed Akanji.

But in regards to this he has told me the player in question and we are working hard to try and make the deal happen, he said the gundogan news has been put on our lap out of the blue. I am not saying it will not happen but my understanding is that they have been working on a deal elsewhere and in regards to the gundogan news city are super relaxed about it,
It beggars belief that a £600m business can't work on two deals in parallel ;)

Fucking hell Ray.

You’re more contrary than a menopausal dinner lady who’s run out of menthol cigs.
Opposite. Gundo has had his time at City as a player and the Premier League isn't the most forgiving for players who are advancing in years. It does make you wonder why Barcelona are looking to offload him after just a season.

Who…?

Just copied the following from his account from 30 minutes ago :-

Gundo reportedly earns £180k a week at Barcelona, roughly the same amount as Cancelo does here. Barca claim they can't afford to keep Gundo, so something will have to give. City quoted Barca £23.5m this

And also this :-

Barca have told City they want Cancelo and have reminded us Gundo has a £400m release. Straight swap it is then
400m? For a 33 year old? Riiiiight.

The wise choice will be using him sparingly(like I said earlier) though. We don't have to play him for 90 minutes like we did. Half a game there, 20 minutes here off the bench. Gundogan is a proven game changer and will help to turn a loss into a draw and a draw into a win. And having him around on the coaching staff when he retires will only be a good thing.
Pep does rarely use subs for starters. We still have a few game changers already on our books who play in midfield. The better option would be bringing in an extra striker instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.