Ilkay Gundogan - Done Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well let's look at Jonny Evans. It's been a bit of a joke, but he's half the player gundogan is but went back to them on the back of a good spell at Leicester.

As I said, we've had a laugh about it, but he's actually played reasonably well for them and afforded decent cover for when their first choice defenders were unavailable.

Gundogan on the other hand has had a great season in la liga with Barca, looked great for Germany over the summer, and was widely regarded as one of the best in Europe not 6 months ago.

He's not starting over Bernardo, kdb, foden, or rodri... But if they need a rest, why not if we can get him back for equivalent of nothing?
Also I am far from convinced that Bruno G is ready to leave

The way Pep uses subs, McA will be on if we're comfy to rest Phil or Kev late in games especially the latter, if Kev is tired and the game is tight Gundog will be the choice
I just can't see McAtee or O Reilly getting on a matchday panel
If Rodri or Gundogan, as an example, wee available yesterday, 2 players would have had to drop out.

I’d rather we signed Gundogan now than, say, Mbappe! Ha!

What a day, I’m all in. If he doesn’t sign I’ll be devastated.

Wasn’t even that arsed when he left. I thought he’d done everything and I was happy to say goodbye.

Fuck that, I’ve never wanted a return so much. Please come back you beautiful old bastard. :-D

Also I am far from convinced that Bruno G is ready to leave
Apologies if its been said before but he gave an interview recently saying his wife had just had a baby, they were settled where they were and he was enjoying his football. I know money talks but he seems happy in Newcy brown land

I’d rather we signed Gundogan now than, say, Mbappe! Ha!

What a day, I’m all in. If he doesn’t sign I’ll be devastated.

Wasn’t even that arsed when he left. I thought he’d done everything and I was happy to say goodbye.

Fuck that, I’ve never wanted a return so much. Please come back you beautiful old bastard. :-D
Mad people calling him an old bastard when he’s literally 1 year older than me and I’m born in 1992

I just can't see McAtee or O Reilly getting on a matchday panel
If Rodri or Gundogan, as an example, wee available yesterday, 2 players would have had to drop out.
You are assuming everyone stays fit and sharp for the whole season, that never happens.

Peps teams are all about who can play across the midfield, 4, 5 or 6 players in lieu of a forward if need be.

The more quality options the better.

Gundog dropping into our midfield will be seamless.

We are still waiting for Nunes to deliver and Philips never got started.

Gundog for free or Bruno G for 100m, it's Gundog all day long for me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.