Ilkay Gundogan - He's Back, Welcome Home

It was a dream of his, and fair fucks he went and lived it for a bit.
Yeah, can’t fault him for wanting to realise a dream.

If anything his little exploration serves to helpfully highlight to other players why leaving City usually is a step down, not a step up, in a player’s career.

And there will be plenty of younger players who will now dream of playing for City one day, in the way he did for Barca as a kid.

Though he obviously left under different circumstances, I am sure Raz wishes he could come back right about now. I’d go so far as to say Leroy might regret leaving, as well.

I vaguely remember him from his first stint here. Seemed half decent until the double cone raspberry ripple addiction sent him off the rails and running to the nearest Sivoris ice cream van.

Left back if I'm not mistaken. Wife loved a pudding chips and gravy pre match.

Welcome back Skip - Listening to his interview makes me so happy, a top man and a fantastic player. No disrespect to Walker surely the captain choice should start with Gundo, Kev, Rodri and Ruben first. Following on from Ferna, Gundo will be a fantastic role model for the younger guys & a potential first team coach. Buzzing.
How many times, it’s up the players who is captain and who is in the leadership group. That won’t change

So (Turkish) delighted at the thought of seeing Ilkay back in the City shirt. It just adds to the feel good factor.
Then I thought about the wider context.
This is world class performer with almost 400 club appearances and 80+ international caps.
This is a footballer who couldn’t get out of Barcelona quick enough to rejoin “the best club in the world”.
For us FOCs -breathe it in again. A world class player wanting out from freaking Barcelona to be with us !!!
Unbelievable Jeff.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.