Ilkay Gundogan

if we can keep him fit alongside kompany, aguero, de bruyne and silva there is going to be some damage done to teams this season!!

Love Pep's policy of bringing in nice guys. Gundogan, Nolito, Sané will all get along with everyone in the dressing room and not bring any problems to the harmony of the team.
Ibrahimovic on the other hand...

Love Pep's policy of bringing in nice guys. Gundogan, Nolito, Sané will all get along with everyone in the dressing room and not bring any problems to the harmony of the team.
Ibrahimovic on the other hand...

If Gundogan gets fit and stays fit he could be the signing of the season. Very underrated & understated player.....a bit like Dinos been.

1979 Eufa cup quarter final tie it was. Though we were well beaten in the return leg, I don't think they beat us at Maine Road. Simonsen did score for them, but I'm sure Mick Channon scored an equaliser for us in a 1-1 draw.

My late dad & myself went to both legs. First trip abroad to watch the team. Absolutely loved the experience. Stayed in the same holiday inn as the players & was lucky enough to meet, and have a fairly long chat with, Peter Barnes (absolute gent)

Never let on that he would shortly become a West Brom player though... I wouldnt have been so eager to have h
my photograph taken with him if I'd known :-)

My memory is playing tricks with me as old age creeps up on me, I was in my early 20's in 1977. I can't remember the Mick Channon goal at all, but remember Simonsens with pristine clarity. I even remember which net he scored in. I am still upset that we sold Barnes and Owen to WBA all those years ago.

I find the fact that, since signing him 2 MONTHS ago, Gundogan STILL has a silhouette where his picture should be on the Team page of the OS. You're telling me in all this time it's not been possible to get a photo of him in a City top? I hope that's not a sign of things to come from the new OS.

My memory is playing tricks with me as old age creeps up on me, I was in my early 20's in 1977. I can't remember the Mick Channon goal at all, but remember Simonsens with pristine clarity. I even remember which net he scored in. I am still upset that we sold Barnes and Owen to WBA all those years ago.
It was 78/79 season, just after Big Mal's return, Channon did score for us in the home leg, Kazi Deyna in the away leg. Simonsen was outstanding that night, I still can't work out how he ended up at Charlton later in his career!

Yes, I remember Gary's dad being quoted, some years later, as saying, " Gary was so miserable, when I was driving him to the midlands to sign the contract, I felt like I was taking my dog to the vets to be put down"

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.