Ilkay Gundogan - Done Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Tolmie mentioned the release clause jokingly. Apparently it’s Barca who want Gundo out to free up a squad place and funds. So if anybody is in any doubt, I’ve got a sneaky feeling they won’t be asking for £400m for him lol
No, I get that. Clubs can of course sell well under their release clause if they so choose. But they are put in as default on all Spanish contracts, and they tend to be silly as a workaround.

I absolutely love Gundogan, he was a metronome who made us tick and a world class player. I said this when people here didnt, back when he first signed he had a lot of Gundogan FFS type detractors. That has been forgotten but it happened. When he left he left as a club legend and rightly so.

We are the most advanced total football club in the whole world. A machine, and everything is ultimately professional with an eye on constant advancement and innovation, from the under 8s up to the global scouts and the wider City family clubs across the globe.

This is why Gundo wont be coming back. We look forward
What if we are looking forward beyond his playing days?

Wouldn't be surprised to see him go on to greater things in management or football governance.

Torn on this. How he left was perfect.

I am sure Pep will never turn down a trusted soldier to come in but I really don't know.

Not when we are well covered in midfield and midfielders still requires plenty of leg work to go along with the brain. He still had a few injuries during last season to. It does make you wonder why Barcelona are quick to offload him.
Because Barca is broke and they don't want to pay him. City are going to deal for a midfielder and a striker. The club can walk and chew gum at the same time. There was this urgency to sign cover for Rodri. We have Kovacic yes. But we saw one game.

The X factor to me is Cancelo. Everybody wants him off the roster. No other club has stepped in to even submit an offer. The only one is Barca. So how do we solve our Cancelo problem? This may be the only way and we get a top midfielder for a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.