Ilkay Gundogan - Done Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
A machine which has an ageing KDB, a singular DM, 30 years old Kovacic, Nunez and Kalvin bloody Philips on retainer.

It’s okay to say our midfield signings have yet to be good. And here we are 10 days away from the end of the transfer market, still with the same issues.

Let’s say Rodri does an ACL in December. Or KDB has a re-occurrence. Bobb is just an example. Stop this Rag attitude of the best and shiniest. We’re clearly protecting assets in terms of money, barraging for probably a massive fine following the hearing, and we need solutions that are functional. If you think signing Gundogan at 34 is a problem, go tell Kroos and Modric as they played and won La Liga, and UCL past 35.
Let's not say that about Rodri...

It’s a weird one. I agree there are a few reservations, but those reservations were true (to an even greater extent) should we have signed Guimaraes. And if we were on the brink of signing Bruno G, I think these issues would have been mentioned much less, despite ringing truer.

I hope that Pep will be making it clear to Gundo that he is more of a backup this time around, should he join. He needs to know he is not starting anywhere near as often as before. Then he needs to decide if he’s cool with that or if he’d prefer to start every game in Turkey.

Bruno is 8 years younger! Makes a big difference especially if we are looking to create a squad that lasts after Pep has long gone.

It’s quite clear to me we are not going to spend money, at least heavy money, in anticipation of what’s happening with the PL. So getting Gundogan in, and a back-up striker is, the most logical and safe option.

Brother, it’s football, we’re riding our luck, and we have been for a while in midfield. At some point it runs out.
Oh I get it...I played 'til I was 38...but an ACL, that's rough. God forbid RODRI does an ACL...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.