Ilkay Gundogan - Done Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
People here are having debates whether to start a 4 competition season, with 65 games with Nunez instead of Gundogan. How many of you have just come back from the pub?
Most people aren't. I'm certainly not.

I don't think Gundo can bring that much more than what Kova is already giving us, or Lewis can potentially give us. As I asked earlier, even if Gundo is marginally better than Kova, why does Rodri's backup have to be better than a great player like Kova? We have players more than capable of stepping in if Rodri needs a rest.

As for Nunes, it would be completely ridiculous to give up on a player that one, we spent 60M on him and haven't seen nearly enough of. Two, he played far better than most give him credit for last season and has never been given the opportunity to build any real momentum by building on performances like Grealish was despite being pretty damn underwhelming in his own right when he arrived.

KDB is 33 years of age and look at the shift he put in yesterday. KDB obviously used to be more dynamic than he once was, He's changed his game and still the best midfielder in world football.

Gundogan can play for another year or two easily at this level, He can dictate a game of football popping passes around in midfield and arriving late in the box scoring goals.

Barcelona want him out because of his wages and they need to register Olmo, If Gundogan wants a return to City it would be silly not to take him back. The lad is top draw.
KDB is enough for players who are advancing in years in midfield and we already have players in midfield who can dictate the tempo who have more left in their legs. Although not as prolific Kova is more than capable.

Most people aren't. I'm certainly not.

I don't think Gundo can bring that much more than what Kova is already giving us, or Lewis can potentially give us. As I asked earlier, even if Gundo is marginally better than Kova, why does Rodri's backup have to be better than a great player like Kova? We have players more than capable of stepping in if Rodri needs a rest.

As for Nunes, it would be completely ridiculous to give up on a player that one, we spent 60M on him and haven't seen nearly enough of. Two, he played far better than most give him credit for last season and has never been given the opportunity to build any real momentum by building on performances like Grealish was despite being pretty damn underwhelming in his own right when he arrived.
I get it, regarding Nunez, it is what it is, some make it, and some don’t. The money spent on Kalvin still haunts the board to this day i bet.

However, last season Gundogan has played mostly out of position, been in the La Liga team of the season and ended with 18 G/A. How many of our midfielders ended the season with 18 G/A barring Foden?

In Spanish football they have to put a release clause in as part of a contract and most just set it at something mad to basically remove it from the equation.
I think Tolmie mentioned the release clause jokingly. Apparently it’s Barca who want Gundo out to free up a squad place and funds. So if anybody is in any doubt, I’ve got a sneaky feeling they won’t be asking for £400m for him lol

Bruno is 8 years younger! Makes a big difference especially if we are looking to create a squad that lasts after Pep has long gone.
But surely more of an issue for our talented kids’ City careers than signing Gundo on a 1-year deal? That’s what I mean.

His comments after the El Classico loss spoke volumes about the differences in the dressing room at City and Barcelona. For a professional like him, it had to be a culture shock and can see why he might have need to leave to see how special the group at City is.
He has played the vast majority of his career under either Klopp or Pep. Can you imagine walking into a dressing room having lost a derby or big game or any fucking game under those managers and teammates being chill about the whole thing. The standards he's followed and set are insane, win, lose or draw.

No, I'm assuming that if McAtee or O Reilly are on the bench there are probably 4 or 5 players also on that bench that will be ahead of them.
Fine with me, far too early for either of them to be regulars.
They'll get chances but you have to be some player to break into 1 of the best sides in world football.

I get it, regarding Nunez, it is what it is, some make it, and some don’t. The money spent on Kalvin still haunts the board to this day i bet.

However, last season Gundogan has played mostly out of position, been in the La Liga team of the season and ended with 18 G/A. How many of our midfielders ended the season with 18 G/A barring Foden?
His name is Nunes for goodness sake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.